67 pages of Open Discussion

Started by mrbones, December 03, 2004, 03:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

I see there's 67 pages in this section. I'm not sure there's a reason to keep all those messages, but I'll let you decide. Should we delete old messages beyond 1 year? Or maybe 6 months? 8 months? I know all those old posts have good info in them, that's why I'm hesitant to delete them.

I honestly have no idea the limit to this message board. I think the only thing that slows down when there's a huge amount of posts are the "View the 10 most recent posts of this forum" and the Search functions. The Search starts getting errors if you do a search beyond 60 days, though. I'll have to check that out.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

450R_Matt

Mr. BoNeS, I think you could look @ the posts and deside witch ones to delete by the # of replies and the the last time someone has replied. Like if there is only a few replies and is a few months old Get rid of it....My.02

                                                              Thanks, Matt
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

LakeMaryKid

Hey Mr. Bones i think we could delete the ones that are old like say osmething like cut your own christmas tree down for 50 cents in 2002. But could i make a request to keep the threads for me alive? The ones that like Mike L started that is like 15 pages long, the one on the pot luck thing or w/e its called. but useless info i agree
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

atvtrailer

i agree with 1fast250r, the post that are somewhat useless and dont have any info should be deleted my .02
05 450r #13B

RL400

i say 1 year and older can be deleted.  8)

big-daddy

I agree remove the old ones past 6 month or ones with little replys and add more spare to picture size downloading. to much trouble to post pictures if you have 8.0 megapixels camera. thank you for ask for our opinions.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

stretchy

I might actually read thru the list if it wasn't 67 pages long ::)

mrbones

#7
That's a good point stretchy. I changed it to list 30 in the index, and 25 messages per page. Now we have 45 pages, lol. If this messes up any dial-up users, let me know and I'll switch it back.

Keep the comments rolling about the old messages. Thanks.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

LTZ400ApK

I say delete anything over about 8 months or some,its not like everyone doesnt start anew post about the same topic a hundred times

NPRVinson

QuoteI say delete anything over about 8 months or some,its not like everyone doesnt start anew post about the same topic a hundred times

I agree 6-8 months max.

Ida_Mann

I say a year old and older can be scrapped.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

450R_Matt

QuoteI say delete anything over about 8 months or some,its not like everyone doesnt start anew post about the same topic a hundred times


 [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif]
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

LakeMaryKid

i just ask that the thread MIKE L started be kept, that way the site can always look back on it and be like WOW look what we all pulled together and did.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Hoss

I agree with Ida 1 year is long enough.
400ex,pro pegs,dg bumper
Yosi full exhaust,K/N filter
Quad tech hood

Ida_Mann

Quotei just ask that the thread MIKE L started be kept, that way the site can always look back on it and be like WOW look what we all pulled together and did.

OK, I didn't understand about this before when you asked, I understand now.

I agree with LMK on this one,,,,,something good the site did, why not try and keep it up.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

girlieblazer

I agree anything 1 year or older should be deleted.
Polaris Razor

Hoosier Daddy

heck i think if a topic hasnt been replyed to it should be removed after 90 days..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

budman

6 months without new postings...we really don't need to remind ourselves of past deeds or subjects if noone is posting....
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

COOLRAUL n DOXANNE

I agree too , six months , or ones with no activity. 8)
02 GRIZZLY 660 / 28' outlaws/ snorkels/ supertrapp pipe/3000lb Winch