Hunting Poll - For or Against

Started by fastrnrik, July 06, 2006, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are You For Or Against Hunting?

For Hunting
43 (74.1%)
Against Hunting
5 (8.6%)
Don't Care
10 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

fastrnrik

Oh, heck Paul, take it all with a grain of salt. It's the internet, it don't mean nothin'. When I log off of here, I sleep just fine. You have to admit though, it's fun to read some of the posts. This thread is pretty mild, but that "God" thread, or those "Homosexual" discussions get pretty fun to watch. The religious guys are my favorite, because they're extremely dedicated to their opinions/beliefs.

Paul_S

Quote from: fastrnrik on July 06, 2006, 10:15:42 PM
Oh, heck Paul, take it all with a grain of salt. It's the internet, it don't mean nothin'. When I log off of here, I sleep just fine. You have to admit though, it's fun to read some of the posts. This thread is pretty mild, but that "God" thread, or those "Homosexual" discussions get pretty fun to watch. The religious guys are my favorite, because they're extremely dedicated to their opinions/beliefs.
Blastrnirik, I am up for some fun and/or some "good hearted" name calling (look at my Avatar - I have a massive target on my back already, as an English guy in the US for the last 20 years I have have been called it all), or I would happily debate content of the thread it would probably be interesting, but after reading this and some of the other threads, do you think that anyone without a southern flag waving opinion would want to risk getting involved.

Don't worry, I sleep real good too.

trx#9

Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 11:22:22 AM
If its brown its going down!


Hey the brothers on this site might not like that comment!        Men hunt because their making up for having a small dic_ .  ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

trx#9

But I do hunt beaver, does that count!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Scramdaddy

some others will not like this 1  about size
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

eldiablo64

I agree with trx#9 beaver huntin is the best huntin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

wilburz

Quote from: trx#9 on July 06, 2006, 10:54:47 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 11:22:22 AM
If its brown its going down!


Hey the brothers on this site might not like that comment!        Men hunt because their making up for having a small dic_ .  ;)

That is not what _____ said.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Fox17

i personally dont hunt unless i go with someone for the heck of it. im not against it though. its kinda fun to go look for somethin to shoot at since you cant shoot at people. if you want to go hunt then have at it. i hope you kill somethin when you go. i hate peta and all the tree huggers and bird watchers. if it pisses them off it is well worth all of the time and effort. and thats all i have to say about that.

MadMudder

I actually think places like the peta and aspca do some good as far as domestic animals go. Any dirt bag who chains up their dog 2ft away from a water bowl in 100 degree heat or throws it out on the side of the road needs to have the gun shoved up their a** and the shot with it up there. Some low life left his dog inside his camper when he left our campground. No ac or food or water. Somebody walking by herd the dog whining and scratching and let it out. You know, stuff like that is just wrong. But as far as wildlife is concerend, they need to stay out of that.

     The only other thing I got to say is that Paul, you need to get out of this thread. I and im sure many others are sick and tired of hearing you bit*c about how your getting bullied and picked on by the "southern flag flying" inbreds. YOUR IN A HUNTING THREAD IN A SOUTHERN BASED OUTDOOR WEBSITE! Get it through your head. And if you dont like it then go to a different forum or get off the site entirely. Or better yet if you really upset then go back to England. Its not that we dont care about your oppion it that your all by yourself here. THE ODDS ARE AGINST YOU! Read 5 sentinces above here! So get with the program and quit whining about how your getting pushed around by the big bad southerners or dont post at all.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

foreman1

I've  hunted since the late 70's , dont criticize those who choose not to.
Hunting at times has gotten a bad rap due to the actions  of some and unfortunately we all get
stereo typed as result.

I dont like to label groups or individuals because of their views , it only creates more alienation between sides .
If they still get personal and nasty after giving them the benefit of the doubt ,then F***em.
My $.02. ;D
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Paul_S

Quote from: MadMudder on July 07, 2006, 01:18:11 AM
I actually think places like the peta and aspca do some good as far as domestic animals go. Any dirt bag who chains up their dog 2ft away from a water bowl in 100 degree heat or throws it out on the side of the road needs to have the gun shoved up their a** and the shot with it up there. Some low life left his dog inside his camper when he left our campground. No ac or food or water. Somebody walking by herd the dog whining and scratching and let it out. You know, stuff like that is just wrong. But as far as wildlife is concerend, they need to stay out of that.

     The only other thing I got to say is that Paul, you need to get out of this thread. I and im sure many others are sick and tired of hearing you bit*c about how your getting bullied and picked on by the "southern flag flying" inbreds. YOUR IN A HUNTING THREAD IN A SOUTHERN BASED OUTDOOR WEBSITE! Get it through your head. And if you dont like it then go to a different forum or get off the site entirely. Or better yet if you really upset then go back to England. Its not that we dont care about your oppion it that your all by yourself here. THE ODDS ARE AGINST YOU! Read 5 sentinces above here! So get with the program and quit whining about how your getting pushed around by the big bad southerners or dont post at all.


I don't care about the odds, I just don't like rude pri*ks like you. Point I was making that anyone with different opinion to yours get beat down. You still doing it now - "Go to a different forum" - "get off the site entirely"  -  "Or better yet if you really upset then go back to England",  dude how ignorant are you.  If you care about someone elses opinion then why have you got to be so immature everytime they voice it.  Grow up fool, this is a forum, the very definition of a forum is a  public meeting or assembly for open discussion. 


Paul_S

Madd Mudder, I take it back, I just read that you are 14, so you have every right to be immature, just stay out of my face.

dynodon

#37
I was brought up as ahunter and will die as a hunter.
Hunting as any wildlife management officer will tell you "its crucial" to have a regulated hunt, Its best for the herd, or population to have hunting. Otherwise you`ll have poor genetic diseases, and over population.

I as a "transplant" from the north, dont necessarilly agree with hunting with dogs, we never could in the north. Here you can, so live with it!!

Hunting, also creates lifelong morals. Such as respecting others land by getting permission, eating what you kill and only kill what you eat.
I have seen how slaughter houses are, and believe me a true hunter is way more humane than most of the meat houses I have seen !!

Anyone ready for a hunt ?? I am !!!! the .270 is loaded and ready.
I have always wanted to hunt a hog with my bow, and been told I was nuts !!, no different than hunting a bear with one, as long as your good enougfh with it, its not nuts, Its called skill !!
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

561rincon

im not one to get into other people business but PAUL you questioned his manlyness so to speak?? so by right you deserve everything you get. everyone here thats posted their reasons didnt get negative feed back but you. im not hating on you but think you were wrong.



kevin
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

gearhead400

some of you need to stay in the children's section.

I hunt. But I've never shot at anything i dont intend to eat, or at least know someone that will eat what i wont.

And its pretty obvious, with the amount of land we have now, if they dont have any real predators around here, they will over populate and die of hunger...and sh*t. lol    
I've never done any research on that but i know its true.

You dont have to be an inbred redneck to enjoy hunting either. sh*t, i love animals, deer are beautiful animals, but if i can take them out with one shot rather than them suffering for a few weeks starving, then im for it. but People that kill animals just to mount there heads on a wall are idiots and deserve to have there hands cut off so they cant fire a weapon again.

Yup
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Paul_S

#40
Quote from: 561rincon on July 07, 2006, 01:50:28 AM
im not one to get into other people business but PAUL you questioned his manlyness so to speak?? so by right you deserve everything you get. everyone here thats posted their reasons didnt get negative feed back but you. im not hating on you but think you were wrong.



kevin
That was an exchange between fastrnirik and myself that carried over from another thread. I have no problem with him and hope he feels the same. There is no reason for people I have never spoke to to start running their mouths about me personally. Why can't people stay with the topic instead of getting personal.

dynodon

Quote from: gearhead400 on July 07, 2006, 01:59:21 AM
some of you need to stay in the children's section.

I hunt. But I've never shot at anything i dont intend to eat, or at least know someone that will eat what i wont.

And its pretty obvious, with the amount of land we have now, if they dont have any real predators around here, they will over populate and die of hunger...and sh*t. lol    
I've never done any research on that but i know its true.

You dont have to be an inbred redneck to enjoy hunting either. sh*t, i love animals, deer are beautiful animals, but if i can take them out with one shot rather than them suffering for a few weeks starving, then im for it. but People that kill animals just to mount there heads on a wall are idiots and deserve to have there hands cut off so they cant fire a weapon again.

Yup
:Clap.gif :Clap.gif
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

qt314nfla

#42
The whole lot of ya are testosterone filled homophobes.  I mean really to be a hunter or not to be a hunter neither makes a man a wuss or sissy.  Y'all are bickering on the internet over and issue that will be as divided as religion. :K :box.gif Move the hell on or I'll continue to sit here and laugh my arse of at all y'all calling names over a hobby/sport.

I mean really put your testosterone back in check.  Give your nuts back to your wives, mothers, and g/f's.  So we can go on peacefully.  LMAO!!!!! :R

OH FYI I HUNT!  I haven't gotten anything yet that's why it's called hunting not killing.

dynodon

Qt is here now, I am out !!!!!!!
Going back to the other side!!! ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

gearhead400

Quote from: QT314 on July 07, 2006, 02:02:40 AM
The whole lot of ya are testosterone filled homophobes.  I mean really to be a hunter or not to be a hunter neither makes a man a wuss or sissy.  Y'all are bickering on the internet over and issue that will be as divided as religion. :K :box.gif Move the hell on or I'll continue to sit here and laugh my arse of at all y'all calling names over a hobby/sport.

I mean really put your testosterone back in check.  Give your nuts back to your wives, mothers, and g/f's.  So we can go on peacefully.  LMAO!!!!! :R

OH FYI I HUNT!  I haven't gotten anything yet that's why it's called hunting not killing.


this topic just got its Shut down post. :bow.gif

owned
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Paul_S

Rather than piss at each other, what do you hunters agree with or disagree with the following (bear in mind I did not write it or neccesarily agree or disagree with it):

Hunting: A cruel so-called "sport"' exercised today by only six percent of the U.S. population. I believe that all life is a sacred miracle, which we should respect, cherish, and preserve--not destroy!

The first subspecies of humans to hunt were cavemen. It appears that hunting has invalidated the theory of evolution, since after millions of years this subspecies continues the barbaric practice of murdering the innocent. How can any normal human being derive enjoyment from the killing of helpless animals and then justify this act by calling it a sport?

The fact that hunting is legal does not make it morally acceptable. Slavery, killing innocents in war, burning witches, and anti-Semitism were also legal. Some "great American traditions" should be encouraged to die.

Hunters purchase hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of equipment ranging from tents, hunting stands, weapons, ammunition, camouflage, and scents so that the deer won't smell them to four-wheelers, spotlights, night scopes, and numerous other things available to them.

Statistics that the University of Maryland's Extension Service gathered during the hunting season revealed that hunters spend over 51 million dollars a year to kill about 46,000 deer in Maryland, which comes out to approximately $1000 for each deer killed. Assuming that the meat of each deer was preserved and eaten and that each deer provided 45 pounds of meat, this means that the cost per pound of deer flesh in Maryland was $24.44.

Hunters like to use the excuse that they give deer meat to the hungry. They can buy much more food from a store. Same goes for feeding their own families. No, hunters don't "hunt for the hungry." They hunt for the thrill that they get when the bullet hits its target and the animal takes its final, wheezing breaths and the feeling of macho pride. They feel this pride because they and they alone (with the help of a gun, ammunition, and other equipment) were responsible for an animal's death.

Another excuse that hunters use is that they're saving deer from starvation. Hunters kill animals with no notion of which animals are weak and likely to die of starvation. They go after the ones with the biggest antlers or the head that will look best mounted over their fireplace.

Overpopulation is yet another excuse. This argument is generally used by state wildlife agencies. If population control were the main reason for conducting deer hunts, then hunters would only be permitted to kill doe.

Although disease and starvation are unfortunate, they are necessary as part of nature's way of ensuring that strong and healthy deer survive and that populations don't become too high. Nature's predators such as bobcats and bear, which mainly kill weak or sickly deer, help maintain this balance. Hunters, however, kill anything that moves, including healthy deer--and even themselves on occasion.

As for deer causing car accidents, even in heavily hunted states, the number of deer-car collisions continues to climb. The cause is an increase in the number of cars on the road and the destruction of wildlife habitats. There is even evidence that hunting actually contributes to the number of accidents. As hunters force deer to flee the woods the first day of hunting season, collisions increase. Insurance companies have the numbers that show that when hunting season starts, car accidents rise.


4fittyr

i'm a deer and bear hunter   dear faces and bare a$$ es      ;)
if u can't be good be good at it

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

foreman1

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

jwscroll

personally I hate the way hunting season interupts my riding time in the woods
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com