fasts production Quad ?????

Started by customrubicon, December 03, 2004, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customrubicon

I was just wondering what the top speed is ? My family races snowmobiles...snow, track and grass. A stock 440 can reach speeds of well over 100 miles an hour. With mods. It is amazing what they can do. There are many larger sleds than that one, but that is what I grass race with. It is light and easy for me to handle in the grass. When it launches I have to lay down on it or I can not control it. How does this compare to sport quads ? I obviously  ride a utility quad. Tony
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Da_Mtg_Man

I have a Raptor that will run right at 100mph. It's had a few little mods to it  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

customrubicon

That is fast . I find that quads are more stable than snowmobiles. I have put my sled on its side on turns many times.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

YAMAHONDAMAN

Some Modded,geared Banshee's run 100mph ....
i'd like to have a "ski" or "boat" Motor to sand drag with !!  ;D
My TRI-Z only runs like 77-80 mph  :'(  "but gets there quick"
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

LE450-RACER#77

Well I don't know about a raptur running 100 but yes some modded out banshee run over 100.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

dvx400#1

never heard of a rappy doing 100  :-/    but banshees yes and 250r hondas

Da_Mtg_Man

I tell you guys what, I'm riding tomorrow with 3 or 4 people from the website. I'll check it on the GPS and post the results tomorrow night. Matter of fact, I'll take a pic of the GPS screen.
Just so you know, I am pulling a 20ft enclosed so the speed on the pic will be from the Rappy and not the truck.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

YAMAHONDAMAN

Hey You Guys... From the looks of his Ride ...i Beleive Him
Hey da_mtg_man.... post a pic of you doing that speed
along with the GPS Thingy !!  
BBBRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!
1985 Tri-Z w/ 1986 plastics, turbo crank, PWK 39mm Keihin carb, custom 12" aluminum s/ arm, Skat Trak 22x11x8 Tauler Haulers on 11" wide rims, lots of stainless, lots of aluminum...Powder Coated Frame,etc,,,,NOTHING STOCK !!!!

Ida_Mann

QuoteI tell you guys what, I'm riding tomorrow with 3 or 4 people from the website. I'll check it on the GPS and post the results tomorrow night. Matter of fact, I'll take a pic of the GPS screen.
Just so you know, I am pulling a 20ft enclosed so the speed on the pic will be from the Rappy and not the truck.  ;D

and your'e riding where sir?

I kinda don't wanna go to croom.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

did i heard it right , you are going to take a picture of your gps doing 100mph. Are you nuts !! top speed stock Raptor is 92 mph with a drivers weight for 225lb. mod Raptor with a lot $ in the quad can go over 100+. its on the edge of the suspension. buy a trail tech speedo they work great. if you want speed add a turbo.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

LakeMaryKid

#10
Quotedid i heard it right , you are going to take a picture of your gps doing 100mph. Are you nuts !! top speed stock Raptor is 92 mph with a drivers weight for 225lb. mod Raptor with a lot $ in the quad can go over 100+. its on the edge of the suspension. buy a trail tech speedo they work great. if you want speed add a turbo.

ok where do you come up with 92 stock for a raptor? LMAO that made my day after messing up my shoulder. And his isnt stock, it has Spitfire Spark Splug. And what is that pic supposed to be of? That isnt a raptor, that would be a banshee. Also i believe Mike's bike will do around 100.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Chillinthemost

I know my YFZ will go 87mph and so will the other 4 bikes that were in my 24ft. trailer when I got the $177 ticket.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

cain73

I know Banshees can go well over 100 mph cause I've seen em do it. But how about the member named cutngrs with the Woods stage 3 DS with other mods and nos? He has it set up for drag, but it must be putting up some crazy numbers.  I haven't personally seen it, but I'm sure the Raptor can be modded to hit 100, but there is no way a stock Rappy does 92 unless it's downhill in a hurricane.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

big-daddy

thaa its shee with an turbo charger, about 65 hp of yamaha a$$ kicking power. I have a 660 Raptor 05 that how i know. pipes, cdi box, carb work, and little more done to it, its ok. ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

LakeMaryKid

Quotethaa its shee with an turbo charger, about 65 hp of yamaha a$$ kicking power. I have a 660 Raptor 05 that how i know. pipes, cdi box, carb work, and little more done to it, its ok. ;)

Lets not hijack this dudes post but i still dont beileve with just that your craptor i mean raptor will hit 90+ hell im sure it wont. A stock raptor runs like low 70's stock. :-* And i take it you got those duals that just add sound? ;)
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Da_Mtg_Man

Sorry guys, My GPS was really wacky. It said that my max speed on the way to Big Bass was 175mph, Thats pulling a 20ft enclosed  ;D. Needless to say, I didn't take a pic of the Rappy's top speed.
Bottom line is that I know mine will hit 100mph. It has been ATP'd for christ sake  :D
I'll have to show you after I get my GPS looked at.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dvx400#1

well is just my opinion that a raptor probably won't do 100, but that's just my opinion. but anything is posible if you spend a lot of money. so what kind of mods do you have on your 100mph raptor that motor must be at least 750 cc or 800cc somewhere in that area right.

dvx400#1

big daddy what r you hitting w/ ur rappy / high 80's to low90's

customrubicon

I do not know much about sport quads but I have always heard that banshees are fast. If you have never ridden a sled and felt the snap when you launch you are missing it. I use to ride a honda 350x three wheeler and that was pretty fast.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

o4250


Da_Mtg_Man

Quotewell is just my opinion that a raptor probably won't do 100, but that's just my opinion. but anything is posible if you spend a lot of money. so what kind of mods do you have on your 100mph raptor that motor must be at least 750 cc or 800cc somewhere in that area right.

 It has the Titanium Splitfire spark plug baby. ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

Hey guys, I put lot money in the 660r to make it faster , but i started with a quad that came out of box with speed. next year its going to be a YFZ450 they handle better. who care about top end. must all races are at 100 yards. I want the quick blast of power at mid range. if yamaha came back with a big bore 2 stroke. ya baby now we are talking power, low end power. spin those wheels and hold on you are going for a ride. all my friends are speed junks we have lot of fast quads in our group. 80 + on a quad it start to get unsafe. so we try to gear them down and get more power in the mid range. if you want to know how fast you are going buy the trail tech speedo, you can adjust the sensor to the size of your wheel. it also as mileage counter for service items. ride safe guys  
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

JeffP

There's a science behind the speed.  Simply drop in your sprocket setup and max rpm you can pull and whalaa you have top speed.  Of course if you can't redline your top gear your not hitting the top capable speed.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/raptor02.htm
Jeff Peterson
Was the badest 2003 Suzuki Z400
Wa to many mods to list with only 300 Characters

450R_Matt

My Honda330R did 78mph and I think 8 and 1/2 sec in an 1/8 mile drag strip. It did right at 90mph down the road behind a car... ;D    O it has about 2500 in the motor. :o  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

dvx400#1

i hear that 80+ and that's stararts to get scary i did about 90 on a honda 250r and let me tell u i don't really care for it too much so now i'm doing about 72 w/ my little suzuki and that's enough to keep up around the trails. that is unless i ccan find a 500 cc motor from a quadzilla  ;D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com