friendly bird

Started by dreth, July 28, 2006, 01:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

while at my house working very hard to get ready for the upcoming party (info in the group ride section)this hawk landed on my shed and then swooped down for a dead frog that was on my driveway. i was within 3 feet of him :o


http://media.putfile.com/hawk-on-my-van

KXKID

thats pretty cool he didnt fly off

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

sweet you were close! you should have jumped on him!  :o hahahahha
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

dreth

sitting on my shed

[attachment deleted by admin]

dreth

he sat there

[attachment deleted by admin]

dreth

like it was a photo op 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

dreth

figured he would check out my hard work and grab some dinner :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

dreth

 :o

[attachment deleted by admin]

dreth

he needed some tools to build a nest ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

dreth

dinner time ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

backinsaddle

very cool dreth...wonder if it was once tame?  or maybe injured and handled by humans???

dreth

it was very cool to have this happen. he was like a pet. he has been hanging around for a couple of days now and i never put it together :N hope yall enjoyed the scenery. ill keep an eye out now ;)

Fox17

thats cool. looks like you got a new pet.

klutchbuster400


Ride1Rob

I remember when I worked at the prison, we had one that would come onto the compound and sit on top of the buildings. Some of the inmates would catch frogs and toss them up into the air. That Hawk would snatch them mid-air and swoop away... only to come back a few more times a day. Frogs had to be alive though, he wouldn't snatch anything already dead  :-\ .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

dreth

Quote from: Ride1Rob on July 28, 2006, 01:46:05 PM
I remember when I worked at the prison, we had one that would come onto the compound and sit on top of the buildings. Some of the inmates would catch frogs and toss them up into the air. That Hawk would snatch them mid-air and swoop away... only to come back a few more times a day. Frogs had to be alive though, he wouldn't snatch anything already dead  :-\ .

this frog was dead :-\ i thought it was weird

UncleRico

Cool shots Dreth, pretty neat when nature comes that close.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Sleazy_Rider78

Pretty cool stuff.  I one time saw a hawk like that snatch up one of my parent's chickens when I was a kid.  I am man enough to admit that I cried, I was a little kid, what do you expect?
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

SpringHill Riderz

That little Moocher was at my house too! lol, j.k.  I have the same kind of hawk, I live on a preserve so there are about 8 total and 5 bald eagles.  Pretty neat to look at, but they make some annoying sounds.






4fittyr

if u want to catch em do what i did yrs ago first build a half moon cage out of wire lathe and make a door in the side .  on the top tie slip knots out of mono fishing line. then we went to kmart and bought  a white mice.  you also need a set of leather jesses for their feet and leather hood for head along with a welders glove. then we would drive around looking in the dead trees find one and drop the trap. hawks have good eyes so try to drop without them suspecting anything then drive about 1/2 down the road and wqait til they hit the trap and get caught up in the slip knot. hawks need a running start to fly again which  gives u time to hood him up so he dont bite u and take him off the trap and put jesses on he's feet to hold em. florida law prohibits this now but in the 80's we did that every weekend  i caught 5 red tails and the coolest was an albino all white  very rare, along with a few sparrow hawks. they used to call me the falconeer   peace
if u can't be good be good at it