POLARIS TRIALBLAZER MAKING NOISE.

Started by CABLEGUY1, June 16, 2006, 12:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABLEGUY1

My wifes Trailblazer makes a noise that seems to be coming from inside the trans.It sounds exactly like the chain slipping on the gear.I had my daughter hold the front brake and give it gas and watched the front and back sprocket and neither one was slipping and it sounded like it was slipping on a sprocket inside the case. Has anyone had this problem and have you opened the case and if so is there a gear or sprocket that's visible that could need to be replaced easily or is it something more involved than a simple sprocket?Thanks for any advice.[

CABLEGUY1


SWAMP_DONKEY

Try and tighten to nut on the countershaft sprocket (the small one) if it is loose the shaft may spin inside thw sprocket and cause the noise you are hearing.

CABLEGUY1

That's definately worth a try before I open her up. Thanks.

yunt2ride

If it is a belt drive, which I think it is. Take off the belt and look to see if its bad. When those belts start coming apart, it makes some kind of racket and you think its coming apart.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

CABLEGUY1

I'll check that out but it sounds like a stripped gear.I don't know if a rubber belt would sound like that or not. It also only makes this noise in forward and not in reverse. Thanks Yunt.

yunt2ride

When the belt is coming apart, It sounds like the transmission is broke. It sounds bad. LOL I would say thats probably what it is.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

TOY_DOCTOR

probably a bad chain inside the transmission
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

CABLEGUY1

#8
That's exactly what it sounds like. I was thinking it was a gear or the chain inside the case because it has slowly gotten worse and it does not do it in reverse and if I'm not mistaken I think reverse is gear driven and not chain driven. Is that correct. Is that something that's pretty simple to change or is it a cluster _ uck once you open the trans case? Is it easily accessable and would I need any specialty tools? Last question.How busy are you? LOL. Thanks Ken.

TOY_DOCTOR

not that big of a deal, just pull the trans out and split it in half, be careful when spliting.
heres a link of whats inside. 
http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1150876826-1017&P=ATV-1999-TRAIL-BLAZOR-250-GEARCASE
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's