VIN # Check

Started by jocolo, June 14, 2006, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocolo

Where can I check to see if a bike or quad has a lien or it's stolen?
thanks in advance
jorge

jayman

You can call the police department and they will give you the local phone number.  The department will do a check for the entire 48 states.

As far as the lein I am not able to help you, the only way you can have the title is if all leins are paid off (banks keep the titles until entire loan is paid for)
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

jocolo

thanks guys I'm trying to buyan 05 Yz450 and I want to make sure

FishaHallic

Make sure you can see the title before you give him the money.  When I got my Raptor the guy said it had a clean title but when I went to pick it up he changed his story and said he did not know it had a title.  I got lucky and he was honest but due to clerical error it still took almost 2 months to get a clear title.  I trusted the guy and it worked out but not everyone is that lucky.  Good luck

jocolo

Yeah I probably wont buy it I emailed the guy asking for the vin# but gotten no response, and it's an 05 he doesnt have the titlte, I know after 03 they r suppose to have one

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: jocolo on June 14, 2006, 10:26:08 PM
Yeah I probably wont buy it I emailed the guy asking for the vin# but gotten no response, and it's an 05 he doesnt have the titlte, I know after 03 they r suppose to have one

Anything sold after July 02 needs a title.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

jayman

Should give his phone # to the police.  Maybe he is one of those a$$holes who likes to take other peoples property.  I might be wrong but it would be great to help catch a THIEF!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com