Main Menu

Rims???

Started by MX411, June 07, 2006, 11:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MX411

i know that this is problaby a stupid question, but would  the itp baja rims be good for motocross. i wanted to get bead locks but i dont have the money at the moment and i need good rims.

53yfz450

ive seen people run them. but for the price im pretty sure you can get OMFs for $150 a wheel. wich isnt that bad. :-\ but make sure you get 8inch rims. not 9 or 10
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Ride1Rob

I have 10 inch bajas as well as 9 inch beadlocks on my rear. I've run MX,TT, and Trails with both. Now I have bent my 10inch T-9's doing MX but that's because the lips stick out so far and I hit a rock at QuickTraxx this past w/e. So why does he have to get 8's?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

ebtrx450r

I believe that it's because the tires have a taller side wall that way, and when you land from a big jump you won't bend the rim. One of our friends did that to a set of brand new ones. (#26YFZ)

53yfz450

yeah. with 8inch. rims he will have more coushine. i mean he might be able 2 get away with 9's. but i guess that all about the way he rides. if he jumps and comes up short alot or overshoots jumps alot then the 9inch would be vetter. thats why 8s are better for MX
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

MX411

thanx guys...... my dad talked me into jus keeping the stock rims for now and getting beadlocks later. cuz theres no real point in buying 2 sets of rims.... 

53yfz450

yeah stock fronts are fine. they are better that regular T9's they suck. but your better off just buying beadlocks it will save you money in the long run. what kind you getting ;D
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Alba450

OMF's are great Beadlock wheels.  You can get 8in rear wheel for $125 a pop ;)
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"