Important ... Please read

Started by Thrumud, June 07, 2006, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

The battle for access in the Picayune Forest ( aka Badluck /The Blocks ) in eastern Collier County continues.  In an article on Feb 5, 2006  Naples News, ( link below ) it stated that we may be allowed back into the Picayune Strand if the SFWM did not acquire land for us to ride.  Well, the time has come - and NOTHING !

I spoke with Rick ( aka lswjth2 ) today.  We both agreed that if it wasn't for the rally held at the Collier County Government center, we would have lost our riding privileges in the Picayune Strand for good.  This issue concerns ATV enthusiasts throughout Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Collier, Lee and Charlotte counties.  This can also have an impact on future riding areas in the state of Florida.  This concerns everyone on this site.

Rick and I were talking about having a lead counsel for our recreation.  We can have an attorney to represent us as an organized recreational group.  Now this will take money and cooperation in behalf of members, an organized club or group. We need riders in the above listed counties to help us all. The 2 million dollar question is WHO IS WILLING TO PITCH IN ?   The amount could be as little as $5.00 a month.  ( further info will be provided to where the monies will go and how it will benefit us. ) for now we want to know who is in and who is out ?

If the SFWM does not comply with their agreement are you ready to do something ?

We need your input and comments !

Link

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2005/feb/05/ndn_atv_riders_may_be_allowed_to_return_to_picayun/ 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

VForcedave

I used to ride there and I live in Broward, I'll pitch in. The biggest problem I saw was people throwing their trash in the bushes, burning cars, crap like that. We need to police ourselves. A real image problem when it comes to Off Road riding. If we were riding ostriches and taking pictures of useless crap they would have never closed it down.   
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

lswjth2

you know you can count on me for whatever we need to do.

Thrumud

Thats great guys.  I can't believe that at this time 42 views and only 2 members put in their 2 cents.
Goes to show how much people care about their rights to ride.  I have too much invested in this hobby to sit  and watch our areas get shut down.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

americanhighlander

#4
Sounds like,
a second protest rallying again.

My best bet have a battle protest rally plan to do it at and time/where and then.

So,if Don't like your riding areas get shut down,if wanna flight
so hard you have to keep on trying,and trying untill you get things right back on track.

Thanks,
americanhighlander  8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

1FasterBlaster

If you find a way to get more riding area's, let me know and I'm in.

qt314nfla

I'm up for helping as much as I can.

Thrumud

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on June 07, 2006, 06:21:53 PM
If you find a way to get more riding area's, let me know and I'm in.

We are not scouting for riding areas, we are asking for members to join us as a recreational group in fight of Picayune.  This is not a one man thing.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Ida_Mann

If I'm free that weekend, I'll do my best to drive on down with an open trailer and both quads on it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Gamer

Count me in as a member Thrumud.  Picayune was the best place in the State to ride.

Bigscrb15

I am willing to donate to the cause.

People, you have thousands and thousands of dollars invested in this sport what is another $50-100 to pitch-in and get a lawyer on our side. I am not sure if anoriginal practices this type of law, but he is a straight shooter and a great guy. If possible I think we should try to get him. I admire all the time lswjth2 puts into this fight. I believe if he is willing that we could trust him with the money. Perhaps he ill setup a paypal account and we can throw our money into it. Remember that this fight is NOT just for the Picayune. That is a start. Once the state knows we will fight they will take us seriously.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Loven It

I don't have a lot to offer but I can donate some. Its great to know there are people like you guys fighting for ALL of us that is pretty admirable  :Clap.gif

I will do what I can to support you for all that you are doing for the ATV community!
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

lswjth2

The BEST thing we can do right now is show up to the Collier County Commissioners meeting on 6/20 and be heard. IF you cannot make it, then please e-mail them,Remember to thank them 1st and be nice, remember, they are on our side.....Rick

http://www.colliergov.net/bcc/

Thrumud

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on June 08, 2006, 12:50:16 AM
I am willing to donate to the cause.

People, you have thousands and thousands of dollars invested in this sport what is another $50-100 to pitch-in and get a lawyer on our side. I am not sure if anoriginal practices this type of law, but he is a straight shooter and a great guy. If possible I think we should try to get him. I admire all the time lswjth2 puts into this fight. I believe if he is willing that we could trust him with the money. Perhaps he ill setup a paypal account and we can throw our money into it. Remember that this fight is NOT just for the Picayune. That is a start. Once the state knows we will fight they will take us seriously.

Well said buddy, thanks for your support !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

EDT

I will be more than happy to donate to this cause.  just let me know where to send the check
2005 honda rincon

MuddFreak77

Rick,

     As we have spoke in the past I don't have much but I will do whatever I can.

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com