New style generator by Briggs & Stratton.....quiet as a Honda

Started by greenmachine, June 02, 2006, 12:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

but much cheaper. It is a 2000watt with a 3000 watt surge power(which the Honda eu2000 doesnt have). I have one in stock & it sells for $649. I started it & it was really quiet, it has 2 110vac outlets & 2 cigarette lighter type plugs, also comes with a battery charging cord. BTW the Honda EU2000 retails at $1079.99. This is a great camp generator or track generator. I wish we had them in time for the tax break.

Ida_Mann

even though I know it aint gonna power any airconditioner bigger than a 8K BTU,,,,I still like my 1500W inverter with a few marine deep-cycle batteries,,,,,,recharge it with my truck and it's good for another couple of days.

and super quiet ;-)

a few have had coffee on a cold morning at Big Scrub when I plugged the coffee maker into it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Fox17


greenmachine

OHMS LAW states amps x volts = watts. Thats all I can tell you. I get the "Will it wun my AC?" everyday. I wouldnt know unless the answer to this formula is less than the generator power. I know my Honda ex650 will run my 52" Toshiba Big Screen.

Ida_Mann

dunno about the 8K BTU, but a typical 5K BTU burns about 500 watts,,,,,,so even my 1500 watt inverter will run it easily.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dreth

Quote from: greenmachine on June 02, 2006, 04:27:24 PM
OHMS LAW states amps x volts = watts. Thats all I can tell you. I get the "Will it wun my AC?" everyday. I wouldnt know unless the answer to this formula is less than the generator power. I know my Honda ex650 will run my 52" Toshiba Big Screen.


there is a man who has priorities ;)

Honda328i

Quote from: greenmachine on June 02, 2006, 04:27:24 PM
OHMS LAW states amps x volts = watts. Thats all I can tell you. I get the "Will it wun my AC?" everyday. I wouldnt know unless the answer to this formula is less than the generator power. I know my Honda ex650 will run my 52" Toshiba Big Screen.

I have been an EE for almost 20 years.  Ohm's law is always true, but a compressor has a heavy amp draw when starting, and will often pop a breaker.  If the running Amps are say 15, the inrush amps could be say 60 or higher, but only for a fraction of a second, but enough to trip the breaker.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com