If you had a choice on a 4x4 Quad

Started by 450R_Matt, December 11, 2004, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgrizzly660

My Buddy meathead 1 has one and  it's been in the shop more than on the trails.


J.D.

I hate to say it but I would probably pick a 500 over the 650 and I have ridden them both . I just think it is an awesome package unless you have to have one of the Bigguns .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

amp

i just traded in an '05 500 4x4 auto on my 650 it did not have the amount of torque i wanted

RnkOutlaw

Im not saying that the belt drive bikes are horrible, but once you get them wet they will never be the same. I would like to actually own one of the belt drive bikes because of the power some of them produce. The only reason I have not bought the Rincon is because the gear displacement is not what it should be.

If you take a Formen 450 and you put a big bore kit in it, it will be equivlent to the new Stock Foremen. A good friend of mine has 450 w/the big bore and he can turn 28 Outlaw like its nothing.

Im talking alot about Honda because I use mine and i put it to the test. But there are plenty of great bikes out there with plenty of power I just dont like the belts on them
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

jjamesbar

QuoteI realy dont like the belt drives eather.  I was thinking real hard about the Vinson man trans.  I saw a Black one today wile riding out at Badluck and it was bad azz lookin. Also saw a Grizz and it was like a chery color red. Now that was a nice looking quad also.

i personally would consider one with a manual transmissin but an automatic clutch. i dont mind shifting and like the response of a manual transmission. does the vinson have an automatic clutch?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

NPRVinson

Yes the Vinson has auto clutch, I have the manual tranny and also like the throttle response compared to the auto belt drive.I've riddin both and there is a differance

RnkOutlaw

So the vision is not a belt driven bike,
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

450R_Matt

QuoteSo the vision is not a belt driven bike,


The Vinson comes both ways Belt or Manual trans with auto clutch     * The Vinson Limited Edition is  black w/ belt drive*
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

Well after lots of thaught and stairing at the websites doing lots of research. This is what it came down to. I cant see spending 7 to 8k on a new monster Quad. So I looked into used and low and behold I found this in the local paper.

2004 Honda Foreman Rubicon GPS, Winch, front a arm guards, gun rack, low hrs.     Check it out in the Pics

Thanks to everyone for the help but I went with the Bullet proof Honda.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

RnkOutlaw

Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

customrubicon

I believe that you will be very happy. That is a fairly new quad. Congrats !!
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

450R_Matt

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

LTZ400ApK


Thrumud

1fast250r, That was the bike I was gonna tell you to get, but I thought you wanted to buy a newer model.  I have a Rubi 04 and the bike is a beast ( meaning GREAT ) I put it through hell and back and it still runs like the day I first got it.  Trust me, you've made a good choice.  Show us some pics !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

grizz32

if you need one that will stay out of the shop then get a grizzly 660  [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
grizzly's can go anywhere, come to colorado and let me show you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):



04 grizz 660 :bowdown:
99 blaster 200

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com