4x4 Quad need help choosing

Started by LTZ400ApK, December 28, 2004, 02:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTZ400ApK

I know we've had a thread like this before but dont feel like digging it up lol

Im looking to get a new 4x4 at the end of Jan. im looking for nothing bigger than a 500cc quad what would be my  best choice?
It's mostly gonna be for playin in the mud and what not

Thanks ahead of time!!

Scooter

Chuck_Norris

#1
I'll let you ride Daphne's Prairie on the 22nd group ride see if you like it or not. it is 650cc though.

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteI know we've had a thread like this before but dont feel like digging it up lol

Im looking to get a new 4x4 at the end of Jan. im looking for nothing bigger than a 500cc quad what would be my  best choice?
It's mostly gonna be for playin in the mud and what not

Thanks ahead of time!!

Scooter

Hey Scooter,
 You need to check out Flatouts post from a couplr weeks back. He is selling his 03 Suzuki Vinson. It has low hrs and he really babied that thing. It is in immaculate condition and he was asking $4400. It is a great buy.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

LakeMaryKid

no get a vinson or foreman! Just ask garrett how big of a beast his is
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

o4250

Well if your really gonna beat this thing up get like an 03 rancher 4x4 or a foreman (the new ranchers have had problems)


ride red [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

450R_Matt

Scoot, as you know im sure. I just got an 04 Rubicon. I like the quad alot. Its way more comfertable than my Rancher has way more power and the Hondamatic trany on this thing is awsome. 2 things I dont like are...1. its full time 4x4 and 2. Its heavy and the first time I took it to the bottomless Bad Luck I stuck it twice. So new wheels and tires are on the way.

The Vinson is a good quad. Fast and the manual trany is sporty
 I road a 650 Prairie with a pro-circuit pipe K&N and rev kit and it is A BAD MOFO. Trust me and I like the rear break set up.
Last week I road my friends Grizz and it was BAD AZZ too. The stock axel's just dont hold up. Ill bump the post I made and read up what others said....Later, Matt  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

customrubicon

I am not sure why you do not want more than 500 cc but the honda 450 foreman is a good proven choice. I have the rubicon 500 cc and love it. If I were to get a new bike I would seriously look at the king quad 700 and the new Foreman.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

450R_Matt

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

yunt2ride

Look at the atric cat, most ground clearance and wheel travel. Or consider the Kawasaki 650 prairie. I would suggest that you purchase an independent rear whatever you choose. They all make pretty good machines. Polaris makes pretty good machines also but their customer service stinks. They will tell you the belt has a lifetime warranty but will only replace one. Even the extended warranty will not cover the belt.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

LTZ400ApK

thanks guys,the biggest reason i dont want over a 500 is weight"yeah i know their all heavy",and the other is the price,i cant see paying 7000 + dollars for a mud toy ;D

CamoPrairie

LT - check out the Prairie 360. I've had one for over a year and it's been a great bike. Front locker, 2wd/4wd, all disc brakes(rear enclosed). I go anywhere the big bikes go just not as fast.

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Its_a_Jeep_thing

1 word scooter... HONDA... rincon all the way.. with a gorilla axle lift and 29.5 outlaws... that biotch would eat...
You might can out run me.. but I bet you cant out mud me!!

CamoPrairie

and........the Prairie 360 is only around 5k

GregsRancher

Quote1 word scooter... HONDA... rincon all the way.. with a gorilla axle lift and 29.5 outlaws... that biotch would eat...

agreed
2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4

450R_Matt

Well Scooter I love my new Honda Rubicon But I have to say 1 thing.....I rode a Kawasaki Brute Force this weekend.


Well 2 things........HOLLY........SH1T.....

This Quad is Bad Azz. I raced a Piped, jetted, K&N, sprocketed 400ex with a 130lb rider on it and the Brute Force WON all 6 races. It beet a Grizz & a Prairie also. If you want the fastes 4x4 there you go.  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com