GPS recommendations

Started by Dirt Squirt, June 12, 2006, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirt Squirt

I am looking to buy a new handheld GPS and was wondering what what units ya'll thought were the best. Thanks for any info.....

Went to Croom this morning after camping there this weekend..what a difference after the rain, keep it comming!!!

bluesman


gatorjohn

I have the Lowrance H2OC. Very nice unit + it's waterproof.

Dan

The Garmin Etrex legend is pretty decent, I think it's the least expensive one you can get that is WAAS enabled (accurate to 9 feet).  I bought a kit that let's me mount it to a handle bar.

stacktester

I have the Garmin Geko. It has a handlebar adapter (sold seperately) and it was around $100. Now they're like $80 at Radio Shack. The handlebar adapter can be found on Ebay.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Da_Mtg_Man

This topic comes up every week or 2. Use the search button and type in GPS, All kinds of info will come up.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Dirt Squirt

Thanks for all of the help...........

Moose

Yes, this has come up many times. The search will give you more info, faster.

I like my garmin 76c map handheld, pricey though at just under $400.

The etrex legend is good for the price.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

LordReed

Garmin Legend package...it's a very reasonable price with a water resistant casing.  Very accurate, cant go wrong  :)
How do you take your trails?......Scrambled!
'06 Scrambler 500