Flattrack Racing in Valdosta this weekend July 15 New Info and Directions

Started by HillKiller, June 01, 2006, 10:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott270r

Dave,

Tim's bike sure works well. I think I could do O.K. on the 450. I would like to think I am still half as good as I once was. It would be a new challenge to see if I could win on this bike. One thing for sure, they hook up much better than 2-strokes and Doug an Dominick would help me out with getting more power. 8)
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

HillKiller

#26
  Dale at the Valdosta track asked if we could give him an approx head count for the July 15th date. No need to post if you are NOT going , only if you are. As of now I already know of some:

Tim
Doug
Megan
Steven
Derek
Scott (270R)
Scooter
Rick
Scott (Raptor)
Benny
Bear
Me
  There are probably several I forgot. We are hoping for enough to have at least two classes. If you thought Ocala was getting faster in the Mains wait til you run Valdosta.

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Fast66071

Dave, I am really looking forward to the trip up there. After last Sat. and how I ran pretty well I am going to race both intermed. & beg. on the 24th so I should be in good shape for Valdosta. And thanks for always giving great advice at the track.

HillKiller

 I spoke with Dale at Valdosta this morning, confirmed July 15 again, everything is set to go. Their website is back up  ( www.valdostakartingcomplex.com ). He had mentioned before a "Dash for Cash", something he does for the carts and offered to us on quads as well. Check out the link about payback, there is no minimum entry.

http://www.valdostakartingcomplex.com/1yearnite.html

If anyone wants to do this we could make it a separate race or make each main event a Jackpot money class. It doesn't have to be a "cut throat put 'em in the wall to win" kind of race, but instead designed to make you work harder racing for cash rather than just a trophy... so there be a poll on this? I bet if we raced for beer, Quad32x would come!!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

derek330

i would be cool racing for cash as long as people dont get stupid. back in the day when we raced for money it was cool at first then people started getting mad and riding crazy and over their head to win!! i dont want it to get to that point!! if it does i will throw in the towel.... its not worth it to me to get hurt because someone felt they had to win and they would do whatever it took!! :( i guess we will find out............
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

HillKiller

Well so far, unless there are a bunch of people going who haven't said so, it will be the usual crew racing and most of us have raced each other a bunch of times. We'll decide what everybody wants to do when we get there, just make sure if you forget everything else, don't forget gnat repellent.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

derek330

us georgia people are used to those G-nats man.................. ;)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

I noticed that no one has talked about Valdosta in a while. We are wanting to go on the 15th, but I wanted to see who all was still going. We don't want to be the only two there. LOL

Scott270r

No worries there man. I hope to be sporting the cleanest LT250R ever compliments of LFG / Mystic Motorsports Racing. I am still working the bugs out as it has sat up for close to 6 months but I hope to be ready. If not the 450R might make its racing debut in the intermediate class.  8)
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

derek330

as far as i know everone is still going.. i dont think we should have too many quads there the first time... we might freak the owner out... he has never seen atv's race...i thought we should run 6 quads at a time and run 2 classes....  the fence is not far away from the track so i dont think there should be more than 6 at a time... i dont really know if this track is for begginers.... if someone wrecks the fence and people are not far away...  just trying to be safe!!  ;D  it wouldnt be cool if bikes were flying all over and tearing up the mans stuff or possably hurting someone....
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

Alright, Thanks for the info. 
I'm really looking forward to seeing that Suz LT250 run. I had one in high school (I'm old) and loved it. I've always liked those LT's. Heck, there was a pretty nice looking LT250 for sale on here a week or so ago that could have been bought cheap. We're in the process of setting up an ol' LT to race a little bit. It's not a 250 though... ;)   
  We stopped by the Valdosta track on a recent trip through Georgia, and it's quite a bit different than Ocala. They were closed, but we walked down the driveway to check it out. It seems like a nice, organized facility. Safety is my priority, especially since my mishap a couple of months ago. I read earlier that there might be a money race, so that's where someones inner dumba$$ will come out. We're just going to have fun and race a little bit. If people start getting stupid, we'll load up and watch. 

Scott270r

Amen on that one. I don't support my family racing. When the old Pro class payout got bigger people got stupid. I want to run for trophies, that's good enough for me.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

LT-R450ApK

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Scott270r

Scooter,

Its almost too pretty to race.......ALMOST haha I hope we get this bike running right it should change people's minds about Quadracers.  ;D
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

derek330

yeah.. i dont think we should race for money just yet... i'm sure you see what i mean about the track!! very nice place though..we are looking at a SUPER nice track in jasper but i'm not sure they are going to let us race. i tryed to get a race going there in 98' and they wouldn't let us run..but we will see dave is supposed to be calling them soon.. we have a couple of other tracks we are looking at...
ocala is just not a very good track.... but it works!!  trying to find a track in north florida so it would be good for everyone.... the good thing about valdosta is that the track is 100% north georiga clay!! 8) it is smaller than ocala but i go 5mph faster around it!!! thats good traction!! !! :lecture.gif
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

One more thing. I looked back over the thread and didn't see anything about classes for quads. Is it going to be 3 classes like Ocala, or will it just be figured out on race day by who shows up with what ride?

derek330

i guess we will figure it out when the time comes...
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

#43
Racing this Saturday 7pm. Here's some track location info:

ValdostaKartingComplex.com
5266 Shiloh Road, Valdosta, GA
229-794-9729
1.5 miles west from I-75 off of exit 22

*  Flattrack tires only
*  Idle speed to and from track (kart guys push theirs)
*  Classes will be decided based on turnout
*  Gate fee $7 (under 6 free) , race entry fee $20

  Some of us are going up Friday afternoon. PM me if you need more info.

  At exit 18 there are hotels and a campground.

Best Western (west side of I-75 next to Riverpark Campground)
Saint Augustine Road,  Valdosta,  31602 
Phone: 229-244-7600

Riverpark Campground Valdosta 31602
Phone: 229-244-8397



[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Quad32x

That  Dave  is  something  else !  Man  always  has  the  info. :ThumbsUp.gif

[attachment deleted by admin]
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

ratsrepus

so r there gonna be any pro riders at this one or is this like ocala and those poser pro riders? yall put up the cash and ill show you some lap times.i bet i coud lap all yall on my wifes blaster  haha!
YOURE GONNA LOSE AND I'M GONNA LIKE IT

HillKiller

Quote from: Mr Stupendous on July 11, 2006, 11:26:50 AM
so r there gonna be any pro riders at this one or is this like ocala and those poser pro riders? yall put up the cash and ill show you some lap times.i bet i coud lap all yall on my wifes blaster  haha!

...this guy gets started early with the Coronas ;D 
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Mr Stupendous on July 11, 2006, 11:26:50 AM
so r there gonna be any pro riders at this one or is this like ocala and those poser pro riders? yall put up the cash and ill show you some lap times.i bet i coud lap all yall on my wifes blaster  haha!

Hey superstarr! whats happin'

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

HillKiller

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on July 11, 2006, 11:35:33 AM
Quote from: Mr Stupendous on July 11, 2006, 11:26:50 AM
so r there gonna be any pro riders at this one or is this like ocala and those poser pro riders? yall put up the cash and ill show you some lap times.i bet i coud lap all yall on my wifes blaster  haha!

Hey superstarr! whats happin'

  Yeah "what's happin"?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here