Server is set to go

Started by mrbones, January 05, 2005, 04:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

Ok, this just keeps getting worse and worse. I spent all last night and today setting the site up on a different server at a different ISP and the message board spiked the CPU usage up 800%! The site came to a complete crawl. Apparently this board isn't one of the most efficient things on the planet. I don't know what this ISP is doing to keep this board from hogging all there CPU, but it works over here.

So, here we are, back where I started. Back to the old server. I should've left well enough alone when it came back on-line last night. But I was so upset for it being down for 12 hours, I had to do something about it. (For you techies out there) If I ever want to change ISPs, I'll have to setup a different message board. One that runs off mySQL or something. All this board uses is Perl and text files.

Well, I have to go ice my hands as the CT has set in so bad I can hardly type. I got programming for customers I got to do tomorrow. Over and out.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Da_Mtg_Man

A big thanks to MrBoNeS. I was having DT's.
Just so everyone knows. For sale, Open discussion and Racing scene lost its posts back to 12/29. Everything else looks to be the same. If you had something posted for sale and it's no longer there then simply repost it. Sorry for  any inconvenience.
Once again, Hip Hip Hooray for Bones. [smiley=Clap.gif]
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Smoknbanshee

Way to go mr. bones.  great job.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Thrasher

heres the one I used in the past

http://forum.snitz.com/

Support for Microsoft Access 97/2000/2002, SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000 and MySql


2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

jaxraptor

nice job bones!  i need my atvflorida fix daily!

dmljohnson

#5
snits is asp...asp is too much trouble..bones.....pm me..i might be able to help you..if youre still having this problem.....i am also watching your dns issues..any particular reason why.
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com