I need help picking a new ATV.

Started by f1gopedder, May 12, 2006, 09:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f1gopedder

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. For the past 2 years I have owned a kasea skyhawk 250 ATV. I just now started doing the tricks and jumps so I am a beginner. It has been great to me, with no major break downs or anything. I gpsed it at 50 mph. I can do a few tricks on it and it has just gotten way to small for me and I have no idea what kind of ATV i should get next. Here is a very little video I have of me on it. Nothing special. I need a new atv that i can do tricks on. I have a new track in my back yard since we have 5 acres and my dad built the track. The new ATV will be used for going fast down a dirt road, jumps, and wheelies. I want one that you can punch the throttle and do a wheelie while you are going. That would be great. Thanks a lot for the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fRonY0QFk

Mike

Chevy1500z71

if u want a bike to mess around on like stopies and wheeleys ect. than a z400 mite b ur best bet but for track and such id get a yfz or a ltr

i myself would get a ltr450 but you mite not realy need a bike like that...

fdatv

get the z it is good 4 everything
Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

Ida_Mann

I agree with some above but for different reasons.

going from a 250cc up to a 450 like the YFZ might be too big of a jump,,,,a 400cc would be a better choice in my opinion,,,,of course I'm biased towards Honda's due to their reliability.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Fox17

get a honda 400ex. the 450s would be too much of a jump probably. the 300ex is a decent fast bike but not a very fast one like a 450. any 400 would be good i guess but i perfer honda! ride red.

backwoods boy

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Tripyn

I own a TRX 450R and love it.  However, it is A LOT of bike and you can get hurt quick (personal experince.)  I agree with the other members, move up to like a TRX 400 and get cozy with that, you can always trade it in later if you want to move up. 

Da_Mtg_Man

Welcome to the site,
Listen to what everyone is saying either a 400ex or z400
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

wheelie_boy

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on May 14, 2006, 09:39:41 AM
Welcome to the site,
Listen to what everyone is saying either a 400ex or z400

Or a kfx400 ;)
05 kx 250f

klutchbuster400

older z's can be found cheaper then newer 400ex's with reverse, and the z has reverse  on all years, and they are wheelie machines!!!!!

klutchbuster400


MadMudder

Well if you want wheilies on command then mabye a bomb 800...? Na i would listen to these guys, they know what they are talking about. Plus i've rode a z400 a few times and trust me, its all the bike you would ever need and there is a ton of aftermarket upgrades for them. So i would go with the z400 or 400ex but hondas are a bit more expensive....
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

IneedPOWA

Hey!! I didnt know you were on ATVFL.com!  Go for a 400EX!

BTW, this is GPN Troll  ;)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com