4.56 Gear INSTALL..Any shops

Started by mistercorbin, May 09, 2006, 09:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercorbin

Anybody know of a shop that will install 4.56 gears on my jeep for a DECENT price? Planet oFFRoad is trying to chare me 1450.00 and thats ridiculous when I can buy a front and rear set for 130.00 a piece online. Its for a 2000 wrangler. Any help would be appreciated

Busta Nutt

I was going to write a smart ass answer to this but decided not to. There is a certain amount of labor involved with that operation it is not as simple as pulling the covers and throwing the gears in there. That price does seem a bit high but remember you get what you pay for and gears not set up properly do not last very long. I don't know your mechanical abilities but  you can  save some bucks if you bring in only the axle housings.

mistercorbin

The part I left out is they are telling me 800$ in parts alone and the rest is labor. I am sure they are trying to rip me off, and I know there is extensive labor involved but not 1450.00 worth.

Chillinthemost

That price is not that far out of line. You will spend 3 to $400 each axle just for labor unless you get a good buddy deal. Spend the money on someone that will guaranty their work because a "good deal" aint so good when your brand new gears are chewed up.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

KAMSVCS

I don't know where you are located but 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse in Orland did my last Jeep.  I had it done with a lot of other work but doesn't seem that it was that much.  I have been very happy with their work.  My latest Jeep is going in on Saturday for lift and tires.

TRX450R_Racer

It would help if we knew where you live.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mistercorbin


TRX450R_Racer

I don't know how far you want to drive, but there is Modifications Unlimited in West palm Beach. They are really nice people and hve been there for 15 years. 561-790-2224
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

wilburz

Why doink with those skinny little axles anyways. Get yourself a couple of 2.5 ton Rockwells or a Ford 9 inch and Dana 60. That way you can get some decent size tires too. Just a thought.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Alba450

"JEFF'S JEEP YARD"  in Clearwater does that kind of stuff i think :-\
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

PLAYBOY_400

YOU MIGHT TRY THUNDERBOLT. DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE HEARD OF THEM BUT I KNOW THEY DO THE 4X4'S. 305-253-3381. THEY ARE IN THE CUTLER RIDGE AREA.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

Busta Nutt

I am not familiar with your particular axles but sometimes in a gear swap you need to replace the carriers i.e. differentials to accomodate the new gearset. Those are probably a couple hundred bucks a piece or close to it for basic open ones. While you are having this work done you might consider traction aiding devices such as detroit lockers, lok-rite , or a couple ARB's.

meathead1

try GARMANS in hollywood 1100 front and rear includes bearings and seals been using them for years 954-961-0550 ask for gay tell them that jeep rick sent u  good luck i am restoring a 91 jeep 4.0 410 gears 3 1/2 lift 33 tires from frame up
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner

SoFlaEiger

Quote from: CivCord on May 10, 2006, 01:55:58 AM
Miami

call this guy...his names frank and i think he did my 4.56s in my truck for $800 or so??  tell him Brian Lupo sent you.  954 432 7126  he's a good guy and knows a TON about 4x4s! he has a bad ass 79 f-150 with a 460 and 44's.  he's right by the hardrock

foreman1

Miami Driveline
13760 nw 19 th ave . bay#16
miami , fl 33054

305-688-4493
305-685-2651

Ask for Pete

He's been in business for over 20 years that i know of.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Busta Nutt

hey meathead I don't know about you but ain't no guy who goes by gay working on my rig. maybe you can work out a deal but I ain't going down that road.