Goin to Holey Lands for the first time this weekend...

Started by DevoCorum, April 27, 2006, 11:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevoCorum

Yeah, I was there Saturday...Rode for exactly 75 miles of trails...boy was I tired!  And thank God that my partner has the GPS on his 4 wheeler...otherwise I might still be out there!  I'm thinkin about heading that way this Sunday...shouldn't be too muddy (I don't think that we've gotten any rain this week)  Hope to see you guys there!
Devin
2004 Bombardier Outlander 400

[url="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg"]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg[/url]

harsh94blu

What's up everyone! Im new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I see there are plenty of people in thi this forum from the palm beach county area? Im looking to meet new ATV riding friends and go out on some group rides. I keep hearing about this Holey Lands place but cant find the directions? Can anyone tell me where it is, or point me to a thread where the directions are at? Can i ride my sport bike out there at Holey Lands??

Also DevoCorum i see your in boca. Not to far from me. Im right in west palm. Of forest hill on the east side.

I usually ride out at L-Cross in okeechobee! That place is fun but its mainly only mud. They have a few trails out in the back tho. Good place to go riding tho! Anyone else here go to L-cross? Its the Adult weekend this weekend and i was thinking about heading out there. Let me know if anyone is going?

I have a Honda SportTrax 300 and been riding for about 3-4 months!

gery350

well nows the time to ride sport at holeylands cause its dry.
once the rains start you can "fa-get eh bout it"

its on the palm beach/broward county line on us27. run a search and you will find better directions.

been out there once and was worth it to me. i ride sports
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

DevoCorum

Yo Harsh94blu,
  Whats up?  Yeah, I'm down in Boca, but I keep my bike up in Wellington (my parents have a place up there...much more room) so if i'm ridin its usually around there.  Holey Lands is awesome...I would recomend it strongly!  The only thing is that I ride a Utility quad...and back on the trails at holey lands there are a lot of mud.  I don't know how a sport quad would make it out there...but there are a lot of trails out by the levy that are pretty dry.  I've never been up to L Cross...is it just a big mud pit?  I like a mixture of trails and mud...but I'm down to try anything.  If you ever wanna ride just PM me
Devin
2004 Bombardier Outlander 400

[url="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg"]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg[/url]

harsh94blu

o i see. yea i keep reading there are some places for sportbikes. But im not sure if i really want to take the 1 hour + drive there to see i cant even ride. L-cross is a lot of fun. It is basically a mud pit, but the pit is so huge and there are so many riders its fun and there is always someone to pull you out! And yes even you can get stuck out there. Keep in touch, i'd definitly like to ride with some people. my atv is out in loxahatchee so its not too far!

brett711

directions to holylands

from broward county take us highway 27 north to the palm beach borward border line.. make u turn and then make a right where it says holyland/rotenberger wma...go down to 2nd bridge and park on either side..
holylands is to the north, everglades wma is to the south... rotenberger is all the way down to the pump house..hope this helps..

if you are coming from palm beach, i think you take 80 west to 27...then all the way down..
2007 honda rancher

s214

Our friend has a 2 wd sport bike. We make it to all the camps no problem. Go u will have fun

rubicon500kid

hey can some one tell me how to get there from homestead
thanks
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

klutchbuster400

Quote from: 400exkid on May 03, 2006, 07:09:46 PM
hey can some one tell me how to get there from homestead
thanks

turnpike to i-75 north to us-27 exit.
take us-27 north to broward/palm beach line.
cant miss it on the left.

gery350

Southern4x4

Quote from: 400exkid on May 03, 2006, 07:09:46 PM
hey can some one tell me how to get there from homestead
thanks
i just go up chrome then take 27 all the way down till the powerlines cross the road then i think there is a sign?then just turn into the little road on the levy.Its about 19 miles past the truck stop next to the griffin turn off thing.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

AintSkeered

Yes, it's where the power lines cross 27 and there's a pump house on the east side of 27. But, the sign is still laying down where you can't see it(Hurricane Wilma).
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

digginfool

Don't worry about going to Holeylands this time of year with a sport bike.  I was out there 2 weeks ago and burned two tanks of gas in my Raptor and never hit any mud.  The mud that is around is easily avoided.  That will change quickly once it starts raining, though.  Enjoy it while you can.  I love it out there!  There is just enough moisture in the muck to make for a nice pair of roosts.  Don't get too close behind me with out goggles!   ;)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

rubicon500kid

is there any rules out there like age limit cuz we are 17&15 and we are driving in his truck with our atvs and trailer (he has his drivers lisince)
do u have to where helmets ?
where can u park ?
age limit to ride ?
thanks
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

digginfool

The only rules out there are the rules of common sense.  If your noggin isn't worth wearing a helmet, then that's a decision you have to make, however, I would expect that Florida law requires all minors to ride a helmet when operating a motorcycle or atv.  I would highly recommend wearing a helmet.  There are rocks, some logs and definitely other riders.  You don't want to leave there in a yellow bag.  Also, while you are riding around, don't trash the place up.  Clean up after yourself and if you see trash laying around, pick it up and take it with you.  This is one of the last great riding areas in South Florida and as more and more riders head out there, it is so important that we exercise good judgement and clean up after ourselves.  Used to be you would rarely see Game Wardens or Sheriffs out there.  Now, they are out there all the time.  They are out there because of the problems some riders are causing and the injuries and deaths that have occurred.  You will love the place.  Treat it with respect and we'll have it for a long time.  If you think they won't/can't take it away from us, just ask riders from Naples about Badluck.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

rubicon500kid

ok thanks yea i use a helmet but he wanted to know
this place sounds awsome cant wait to head out there
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Thrumud

If you see two silver jeeps, stop by and say hi.  We'll be on the north east side on the pump station Sat.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

AintSkeered

15 y.o. is required by law to wear a helmet or you will be fined, no warnings.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Southern4x4

Quote from: 400exkid on May 03, 2006, 11:08:19 PM
is there any rules out there like age limit cuz we are 17&15 and we are driving in his truck with our atvs and trailer (he has his drivers lisince)
do u have to where helmets ?
where can u park ?
age limit to ride ?
thanks

anyonew under 16 has to wear a helmet.night riding you have to have lights.thats all im aware of so far.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

backinsaddle


DevoCorum

basically the rules are pretty simple...
no riding crazy on the levy (25 mph) no wheelies or jumpin on the levy
Besides that once you're off on the trails, there really are no rules (exept at night you have to have headlights AND taillights) 
The rangers are pretty nice as long as you follow the rules...And now ALL the trails are open which is pretty cool.  You will def have fun out there...its a good group of people.
Dev
2004 Bombardier Outlander 400

[url="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg"]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg[/url]

LTR450 994

so who's heading out there this Saturday? Ill be on there around 8am riding the blue raptor 700.

DevoCorum

actually, I'm probaly headin out there Sunday morning (early like I'll be riding by 7:30)  but I'll stay there until like 2 in the afternoon (a ride like that can wear you down!) 
If anybody sees me out there, just come up and say hi (I drive a red ford ranger) 
See you on the  trails!
Dev
2004 Bombardier Outlander 400

[url="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg"]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg[/url]

MachineDog

It's where the huge powerlines are. BTW, 400ex, and klutch. We all need to plan a good ride. :) Holeylands rules, ofcourse, I haven't been anywhere else legal yet.. The 14th is mothers day so we can't go then. Maybe the 21st? Hard to find a weekend my dad's off and it's not something going on. BTW, Devo: Do you have the I4 in that ranger? Just wondering how it holds up to towing the quad.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

rubicon500kid

Quote from: MachineDog on May 04, 2006, 03:44:32 PM
It's where the huge powerlines are. BTW, 400ex, and klutch. We all need to plan a good ride. :) Holeylands rules, ofcourse, I haven't been anywhere else legal yet.. The 14th is mothers day so we can't go then. Maybe the 21st? Hard to find a weekend my dad's off and it's not something going on. BTW, Devo: Do you have the I4 in that ranger? Just wondering how it holds up to towing the quad.

yea im going to be fixin my rancher soon once i get the xtra 20$$  so ill be out there for sure and will soon have a BF750 (trading the rancher in on it )
also MachineDog how dose ur rancher hold up out there with stock tires i dont got my vamps any more so ill be running stockers with my snorkel and hmf pipe
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

MachineDog

Great, Much better than my ole' recon. You can still get stuck if you're stupid but, I only got stuck once. And that was cause I got stuck on my butt in a steep mud pit with only the left front tire on solid ground. Quick tow out though from the Cat. I'll ask my dad later wether or not the 21st is fine to go riding and meet up with some of ya'll. BTW, Good luck on that BF750. I think my next one will be a Sportsman 500, really like the plush handling and the hard plastic racks instead of metal. Otherwise I'll be considering the BF650. But meh, not for another couple years lol. Oh yeah, I got the K&N and now I have like $100 to play with, what would you recommend to get? Is the unlocker really worth it?
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com