I need tire help.

Started by Dr.Dirt, April 25, 2006, 02:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Dirt

When I was riding over the weekend I must have ran over something sharp because one of my Maxxis Razr's got a very small hole in it. What would be the best way to fix this? I have heard that fix-a-flat can eat through your rim.

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: svtbolt04 on April 25, 2006, 04:27:47 AM
a tire plug...

Where do I get one? I'm not exactly a tire expert.

svtbolt04

a place that sells tubeless tire repair kits.

advanced auto
walmart
pep boys
ace
true value
home depot
sears
lowes
kmart
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

clancooler

or you could pop the bead and stick a tube in it.
2004 DVX 400
full White Bros Pro Alum. Exhaust
Oneal Bars
Honda Throttle

Alba450

A Tire plug will do they job ;D

Buy the kit so you have extra for another flat down the road ;)
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

PHN

"Slime" tire sealant also works great and stays liquid to keep you from having flats in the future...and you can get it at Walmart...

Dr.Dirt

It turns out that my dad had a tire plug kit in his work truck so I didn't even have to leave home to get some. I have never dealt with a flat tire other than on a bike before and thats a tube tire so its completly different. The plug is in and its fixed, thanks for the help guys.  ;D