LakeMaryKid Restoration *BIG UPDATE!*

Started by LakeMaryKid, April 09, 2006, 09:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LakeMaryKid

For the past 3/4's of a year, i have been concentrating on getting a truck. At around 4200, but thats besides the point. It has come time that i will be getting the quads going again. This will be the thread where all restorations will be taking place on my bike. I will be doing a "General Lee" theme type bike with Orange Frame, hubs, brake hub, and other small misc. parts. Black swing arm, engine mounts, axle and maybe more. I will then be doing my a-arms (Stock 400ex) a-arms with the Dupli-Color Aerosol can bedliner. I will be doing this as you can not powdercoat stock a arms. Tomorrow or sometime this week there will be a thorough step by step process of how i do the a arms. First i will strip the previous paint followed by a medium grit sanding with sand paper then followed by a real fine grit finishing sand paper. Will then whipe down with paint thinner and spray with the bedliner. All this will be photographed.
As they sit now:
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Bigscrb15

Thats gonna be awesome! I want to do  General Lee theme on my Vinson, but no one makes orange plastics for it and I don't want them painted. Good luck with it, it's gonna look sweet.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

LakeMaryKid

Thanks, I am going to be doing Red plastics with the orange frame then get a confed flag seat cover and maybe some custom graphics.

My bike before tear down:
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

klutchbuster400

gonna come out nice lmk, i was thinking of getting an orange kfx instead of the z just to put general lee stickers all over it.
i like your style ;)

Mrs.Nightbreed

OMG!  :o Your putting aside girls and trucks to finally work on your quad!?!
  :o  Are you feeling ok? I might be able to recommend a good doctor  ;)

bigscrub79

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on April 10, 2006, 08:03:02 AM
OMG!  :o Your putting aside girls and trucks to finally work on your quad!?!
  :o  Are you feeling ok? I might be able to recommend a good doctor  ;)
He never mentioned puttin aside girls.  ;D
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on April 09, 2006, 10:07:09 PM
Thanks, I am going to be doing Red plastics with the orange frame then get a confed flag seat cover and maybe some custom graphics.

My bike before tear down:


hey, that grass looks familiar ;-)

seriously though,,,,,your'e gonna get the quad running again?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Honda328i

You are definately doing the right thing kid. Git-r-done  ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

LakeMaryKid

Ok, got all of my supplies. Originaly we(I) was going to use paint stripper. We couldnt find this aerosol kind so my dad went ahead and bought a gel kind. That wont work with the a arms with all the little nukes and cranies and welds. So tomorrow i am taking one a arm to school to see if i can sand blast it in my 7th period auto tech class. Here are some pictures from today.
Products being used:



Result after stripper AND SANDING with 100 grit:

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Smoknbanshee

bansheeboy tony farrow has a general lee banshee....have him send ya some pics, it looks freaking sweet...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Dr.Dirt

Sounds like a sweet project. I saw a General Lee themed Blaster in Dirt-Wheels a few months ago.

rubicon500kid

sounds like its going to turn out cool
i just got a realy good deal on a Ceet rebel flag seat cover for 35$ for my 400ex ill post pics of it when it comes in
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

LakeMaryKid

Well today i was able to get home by about 4:30 or so from school. I got to work on all 4 a-arms right away. It is now 8:05 so it took quite a while to do all 4 but it was fun. I was not able to sandblast the a arms till thursday so i did it the hard way. It all turned out great so far. Here come the pictures.
1 Upper stripped and one not:

Here come some finished pictures:



Uppers:

The Texture:

The Fantastic Four:


Here are some pictures of the plastics of my little 90cc 4wheeler. I painted them with Krylon Fusion Plastic paint on Sunday. So far they look GREAT!


Well folks that is all for now. Hope it looks good. So far it looks awsome and im stoked!
Thanks,
   LakeMaryKid aKa Curtis
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

MotoMike


WOODY_450r

i thought that you were restoring your 400ex.......why did you paint your little 90's fenders??
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: woodyraptor on April 11, 2006, 09:39:10 PM
i thought that you were restoring your 400ex.......why did you paint your little 90's fenders??

Cause they also needed some work lol. Why not.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com