Mud Tires

Started by hondaforeman2006, March 22, 2006, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hondaforeman2006

Does anyone have 26 inch Kenda Bear Claws? I believe they are 299's The picture of them is attached. I am buying tires and want to see what people have thought.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm not as good as I once was ....but I am good once as I ever was.

Joedirt

They are more of an All Terrain Tire...not a MUD Tire.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Southern4x4

well a good mudtire is either vampire or mudlite atleas those are the reasonably priced and good tires.Now there are better as outlaw or mudzilla but those are expensive.Now i have not heard reviews about kenda claws.My friends formans have mudlites and vampires on them and they go pretty far.i HAVE mudlites on ym biek and it goes through some deep stuff.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Ida_Mann

I have 27" Kenda Bear Claws all around on my Rubi,,,,some may say they are not a real mud tire, but I know I just put it in 1st gear and walked right through an area where two quads got stuck in some mucky nasty stuff right before me.

and one of them was on a foreman with mudlites on it.

I took the same line and didn't even rock to get through it,,,just sat down and pushed the gas ;-)

but that's just MY story.

and they ride smooth on the trails which is mostly the way I ride anyway.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MuddFreak77

MudLite XTR's They are aggressive but still smooth on hardpack.  These will be my next tires.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

jayd

I ordered a set of these tires and they sent two sets for the price of one. I am going to give one set to my brother-in-law. :)

qt314nfla

Avoid the vampire suggested earlier.  They are a very aggressive tire and are a bit narrow for mudding.  They suck to follow as they kick up more crap and rocks than any tire I've rode behind.  Almost everyone I know that has gotten them has been unhappy and they are a crappy trail tire.

I have maxxis sur traxx and the tread looks very similar.  I have had great luck w/ them on trail and in mud.

big-daddy

Quote from: MuddFreak77 on March 23, 2006, 11:17:10 AM
MudLite XTR's They are aggressive but still smooth on hardpack.  These will be my next tires.

Good advise there......... Go with the mudlites ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

MuddFreak77

If all you are doing is mudding the Vampire ASX's are pretty good IF there is a bottom.  If there is a bottom the vamps will find it!!!  As QT said the do SUCK when your behind them on a trail, you cannot see a darned thing.

If the mud has no bottom the outlaws are your best bet, they almost float on the mud but still bite.  When these tires bite on hard pack the bite hard (right Swamprat!!!)

Again, if your looking fo an all around tire Mudlite XTR's are the BOMB!!!!
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

customrubicon

outlaws if you have water. mudlites or 589's if you don't.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com