Ocala Thunderbowl Quad Flattrack Sat April 1st

Started by HillKiller, March 19, 2006, 05:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott270r

Quote from: FastLeftTurn on March 29, 2006, 07:27:42 PM
  Don't feel bad, I'm the only Shee in the open class.

Man How things have changed, back in 1998 there were ALL Banshees and just a few of us 250R's (Me, Norris,Johnny, Van) to be exact. I don't know why there aren't more Banshees, they can be made as fast as anything. My main competition and the guy I eventually squeaked by for the championship rode a superfast 370 Banshee. Derek rode a Banshee back then as well too. Oh well, we are happy to hold up the dinosaur pride.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

HillKiller

Quote from: Scott270r on March 30, 2006, 02:29:56 AM
Quote from: FastLeftTurn on March 29, 2006, 07:27:42 PM
  Don't feel bad, I'm the only Shee in the open class.

Man How things have changed, back in 1998 there were ALL Banshees and just a few of us 250R's (Me, Norris,Johnny, Van) to be exact. I don't know why there aren't more Banshees, they can be made as fast as anything. My main competition and the guy I eventually squeaked by for the championship rode a superfast 370 Banshee. Derek rode a Banshee back then as well too. Oh well, we are happy to hold up the dinosaur pride.

When I raced scrambles back from 88-91 I don't remember seeing any Banshees but alot of R's including me and Chris, but there were alot of 250R and Tri-Z 3 wheelers too. Rarely did you see a 4 stroke in competition except 200X or 350X 3 wheelers but they were not really competitive. You mention dinosaurs? The dinosaurs are those who holdout with our 2 strokes because we live for the adrenaline of the throttle rip. The real shame is that all these young guys who now grow up only riding a 4 stroke regularly may never know why we hang on to the dinosaurs... :dunno.gif

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

derek330

you ride pinto?????? sweet!!!!! can i ride it???? i'll bet that thing will fly!!! :>
sorry dave didnt mean to count you out... i thought your R was a backup bike for your banshee. you dont ride it in the pro class so i wasnt counting.
sorry man.
matt what are you doing to the R??
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

derek330

yea i use to ride a banshee till i figured out it was not the way to go!!!!
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

   Ouch! Someone please help me get that knife out of my back :(  LOL
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Pyrice4

My neighbor and I are the only kids in Deland with Banshee's. Most people have dirtbikes (eww) or LTZs. Im going to try some MX next time at sand mountain but I have heard that banshees arn't to good at flying..

Scott270r

Quote from: FastLeftTurn on March 30, 2006, 06:00:17 PM
   Ouch! Someone please help me get that knife out of my back :(  LOL

Hey Dave,

Let me clarify, Derek's Banshee was cursed >:D.  Plus it really is more money to have to buy 2 of everything. It is twice as expensive to maintain one BUT..............They are without a doubt the horsepower kings. 250R's are a great poor boy bike now and still competitive with the high dollar new four strokes.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

1fastltr450

we will show them dinos that there is a new thing in town, called a 4-stroke just wait till I get some money the suzuki is going to be out front letting all the 2-strokes kiss me on the rear end lol
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Pyrice4

After all that I have heard, it makes me want to sell my shee and blaster and get a 4-stroke. I learned on 2-strokes so i dont know if i could convert. I'd be a traitor.:(

450R_Matt

Quote from: derek330 on March 30, 2006, 05:28:04 PM
matt what are you doing to the R??

I'm at a stand still untill my sponsers send more cash.  :-\
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

Quote from: 1fastltr450 on March 31, 2006, 12:41:57 AM
we will show them dinos that there is a new thing in town, called a 4-stroke just wait till I get some money the suzuki is going to be out front letting all the 2-strokes kiss me on the rear end lol

Money?? Didn't you just spend about 8K on the slowdookie. Now you got to mod it to keep up with a 20 year old dinosour ?  Are those guys "2 smokin" you?

:-[ ;D
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Hoosier Daddy

HAHAHA!!! im going to beat them on a 4k 20yr old bike....
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

450R_Matt

Quote from: WareRacing07 on March 31, 2006, 02:23:31 AM
HAHAHA!!! im going to beat them on a 4k 20yr old bike....

:o         Dang!!     ;D
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Quad32x

I  love  the  2-stroke  talk !  The  zilla  will  be  there  soon.  I  hope  it  will  do  good . ;) ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

HillKiller

   Oh yeah now we got us a 2 stroke/4 stroke war... I love it :) :) :)

  Hey Scott and Derek
  How does April 15 as the next big event instead of the 22nd sound?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Scott270r

Quote from: FastLeftTurn on March 31, 2006, 05:19:57 AM
   Oh yeah now we got us a 2 stroke/4 stroke war... I love it :) :) :)

  Hey Scott and Derek
  How does April 15 as the next big event instead of the 22nd sound?

Easter weekend is that weekend....I think. I have family coming in town so I can't go then either. Is the 22nd no good for your crew?

P.S.  Yeah I guess the 4 strokes want to battle but I like our chances with the old ring dingers.

P.S.S. Gary, you might edge us out but I am sure gonna make you work for it  ;)........on my 4k 20 year old dinosaur  ;D
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

derek330

i think the 22nd would be better for me too!!!and yes 2 strokes are the $hit. 4 strokes just dont do it for me!! :>
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on March 31, 2006, 12:41:57 AM
we will show them dinos that there is a new thing in town, called a 4-stroke just wait till I get some money the suzuki is going to be out front letting all the 2-strokes kiss me on the rear end lol

this dino is wainting for you!!!! lol
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Chuck_Norris


Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on March 31, 2006, 09:18:43 PM
IS THERE A HEAD COUNT YET??
HOW MANY MINI'S

my boy will be there (he dosnt ride to often so he goes slowwww) and my brother boy will be there.. thats all i know of right now.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Chuck_Norris

see you there we're going to leave here around 3pm  to get there when the gates open.

HillKiller

#122
Quote from: Scott270r on March 31, 2006, 05:57:45 PM
Quote from: FastLeftTurn on March 31, 2006, 05:19:57 AM
     Hey Scott and Derek
  How does April 15 as the next big event instead of the 22nd sound?

Easter weekend is that weekend....I think. I have family coming in town so I can't go then either. Is the 22nd no good for your crew?




You are right, that is Easter weekend so I will try to get with everyone and get some opinions. Maybe we'll stick with the 22nd.

















[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Pyrice4

Who all is going tonight???? I might go to Hardrock tomorrow instead if I dont get my lowering kit by 4:00.

1fastltr450

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)