PUT A STEREO SYSTEM ON THE VINSON!

Started by r6realtor, March 18, 2006, 01:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r6realtor

This is what I have been doing for the last 2 hours, 2 five inch marine speakers with a JBL marine cd player, kind of impractical but who cares I like it and can listen to music even when riding!
r6realtor





2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Moose

I like it,

Might have to replace the speakers every once in a while, but, you want to play to got to pay.

Should sound good on the trail.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Joedirt

Very cool , I say just fabricate some kind of cover for the speakers when you are not using them to keep water and mud out....I would like to do something like that for the wife but I can not keep her out of the mud and water ..so even covers would not help...LOL
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Da_Mtg_Man

That looks great.
I saw a guy that took one of those hunter green coolers from Walmart and cut holes in it to mount everything. It's pretty much water tight and you have some room for storage inside it also.
Not to mention you can unplug it and take it on the boat also.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigscrb15

Nice, I have been thinking of doing the same for my Vinson.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

BCConviber

Nice job! I'm doing something similar, but not using a box.. These set-ups rock and surprising don't use much juice. I'll post some pics of mine when I get it finalized later this week..  :Y
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

r6realtor

hey joedirt, I actually thought of putting some type of covers on the speakers but the guy at the boating place told me they would be ok to wash down. So I went ahead and got them pretty muddy and lightly pressure washed them afterwards, they still seem to work great, plus they were only $20 bucks plus tax for both!
r6realtor
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Bigscrb15

I had some speakers on my old bass boat that came free with any head unit over $99 at Circuit City. They were just some paper cone Profile 6.5" 2 ways. I used to play them while salt water fishing before I had my flats boat and then would play them while washing down the boat at home afterwards. I took the pressure washer as close as I could just to try and screw them up and nothing! They just played and played and never broke. I think the cheaper the speakers the better they hold up.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

wheelie_boy

im pretty sure that, that is the sickest vinson ive ever seen! good work 8)
05 kx 250f

TurboBanshee_kid

I just got my Dad that goodyear seat how you like? :)
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

r6realtor

that seat has been very handy in the garage been spending alot of time in there lately! ;D
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

dirtyface

I need a stereo on my bomb. Good job I like it.
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

MOTONICK

KAWASAKI KX80 FOR SALE/SPYDER PILOT PAINTBALL GUN FOR SALE, WITH HOPPER AND CASE $400. PM ME

r6realtor

Hooked it up just like a car stereo, power from the battery, ground to the bike and just started cutting some holes for speakers ;D
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Numkut

Quote from: wheelie_boy on March 21, 2006, 06:55:29 PM
im pretty sure that, that is the sickest vinson ive ever seen! good work 8)

I'd have to agree, actually I'd say the sickest Ute besides them gig ol boggers at the competetions. You should wear a black velvet suit while you ride!  8)
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com