Here's what happened with gateway and fedex

Started by cain73, February 08, 2005, 06:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cain73

I went online and ordered a new Gateway computer on Jan 24. It said it would be shipped on the 25th and should arrive in 5 days. after waiting and tracking it on Fedex's website, I saw that it arrived in Orlando on Jan31 and was shipped out the same day. On Feb 1 it was in Tampa, but was not delivered. I figured it would be the next day right....... wrong !
On Feb 2 it was back in Orlando ! I called fedex and was told that it was damaged and was being shipped back and that Gateway had been informed. I called Gateway and they had heard nothing about it.  After an hour on the phone this is what happened...........
Gateway shipped it out. Fedex dropped it. Fedex is saying they are not the ones that are to blame and are shipping it out to Gateway. Gateway refuses to send me a new one for at least 14 days then the 5-6 for shipping until they can do their own investigation after they get the computer back. They also refuse to refund my money until they get the computer and the investigation is done and 143 days has passed.
All of this cause Fedex dropped it.
I never even saw the computer. You would think a multi million (or billion) dollar company would ship out a new one and then fight Fedex for dropping it right ?
On top of it all everyone at Gateway gave me wrong information and was rude.
I checked Fedex tracking today to see if it had arrived back in New Mexico at Gateway.........nope, you won't bellieve it. Now it's in Las Angeles California !! I called Fed ex to see what is going on. After 15 min on hold the lady says she talked to the California facility and gave me a direct line (she said they don't usually do that, but in my situation it was warranted). Now I am supposed to call California tomorrow betwee 7-8 A.M. their time to see what's going on.
Meanwhile I am out $600.00 and the computer. No one can tell me what's going on or when I will get my money refunded.
I have never had a prob with UPS or the Postal service. Gateway picked the carrier and I get screwed !
Please take this into consideration if/when you think about ordering a computer or shipping anything.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

bbf

that comp has more miles then my atv has on it

Chuck_Norris


Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

BILLY_JOE

04 Z400

LRD EXHAUST PRO 4 SERIES
FLY HANDLE BARS
NERF BARS

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Raptor_Mikey

Dispute the charges with your credit card company & get a DELL.


Honda328i

Wow, what a mess.  I'm really surprised that they are treating you this way blaming each other for the damage.  I have seen inside the FedEx sort facility in Memphis and there are hundreds of black and white "cow" Gateway boxes going through the sorters.  Gateway has to be a major account for FedEx.  At any rate, the shipment should be insured.  

I did see a box fall off a transfer cart while in Memphis.  It was marked "Fragile, medical X-ray tube"  The driver picked it up and threw it back on the cart. ;D.  As many packages as go through there, it's a wonder more aren't damaged.  

The issue is that you have paid and still have no computer.  I would keep asking for higher managers with Gateway until you get a satisfactory answer.  In the mean time, put a hold on the charge on your credit card, that will force them to investigate.  Good luck!

P.S.  I'm still missing my jet kit I ordered on the 19th, so I know the feeling.  :(  This one is USPS supposedly, so go figure??
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

GaryinSeffner

yeah go buy a DELL when you get your money back ;D

but I do suggest that you DO NOT use Dell's financial service. The PREERRED ACCOUNT financing that they offer is ridiculous with interest and late payment fees. I was late one time and it cost me more than my payment is!! SO take your $600....go to the dell store at your local mall and go home happy...with free shipping via UPS ;) and a free CD burner! ;D
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

big-daddy

QuoteDispute the charges with your credit card company & get a DELL.

100% right, but you had 30 days to due it. :-/
build your own computer its easy. I will send you windows xp program and more software.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

jackinthebox23

2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

cain73

Just an update.

You are not going to believe this !!
I called California and spoke to the people in charge to find out what 's going on. They said (on Feb 8) that it was shipped to California by accident and would be re-routed to New Mexico - back to Gateway.
I checked online today to see if any progress had been made only to find out that the package - my computer- is out on a truck to be delivered in California.  :o ??? >:(
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

Honda328i

UGH!  Just like Bugs Bunny, took the wrong turn in Albuquerque.  ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com