new non profit organization

Started by needforspeed, March 12, 2006, 12:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

needforspeed

I have read alot of threads on this website about younger ATV riders being seriously injured, I was thinking of starting a non profit organization to educate the younger riders, and older riders, on Off highway vehicles. Perhaps doing a riding class or something like that would be a benefit. And maybe giving something back to the areas we ride in, helping them out.

It would be nice to give something back to the community, and to know that maybe I could save a child from being seriously hurt. That might also save some of our riding areas. It would let the community know that we are serious about what we do.

I need some suggestions, as to whether this is a good idea or not, or how I can make this work.

I think it is worthwhile to persue. If I do this, I am going to need alot of help from everyone, to get this started.

Suggestions..

Da_Mtg_Man

Thats a great idea. Start by reading through this website. There is a lot of greaat information here.

http://www.treadlightly.org/
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

svtbolt04

Actually, when you purchase a new ATV, they offer a training course. Kawisaki is one of the major sponsers in the training class.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

needforspeed

#3
How much do you have to pay for the course?? Tread lightly materials on the enviornment, are they for free. If I have to pay for the course I'm not going to take it. I have already shelled out enough money for my ATV, or motorcycle. That isn't giving something back to the community. When you buy an ATV, or OHV Vehicle your rider course should be free at your convience.




svtbolt04

I think its around 40 bucks. They give you pamflete(sp?) and when it is given, it shows you course dates along with locations.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: needforspeed on March 12, 2006, 08:07:40 PM
How much do you have to pay for the course??

I didn't mean for you to take the course however that would be a big help. I was just giving you a website to dig around in and get some info.
As far as the prices on the course, There's several different courses but you can search through that link and there is pricing for different courses.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

needforspeed

I know. I think the course should be for free, not only for people who buy new atv's or motorcycles but also for the public.

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on March 12, 2006, 08:23:12 PM
Quote from: needforspeed on March 12, 2006, 08:07:40 PM
How much do you have to pay for the course??

I didn't mean for you to take the course however that would be a big help. I was just giving you a website to dig around in and get some info.
As far as the prices on the course, There's several different courses but you can search through that link and there is pricing for different courses.

Bigscrb15

When you buy a new ATV you get a free safety course and a $100 rebate. At least Suzuki and Yamaha did this. I didn't take the course but it was offered to me after all 3 Atv's we bought.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

AlterEgo

Polaris will pay for the course too. Just bought a little predator 50 and it came with paperwork saying they would pay for the course and where to find the classes.
Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50

NPRVinson

Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 12:36:17 AM
When you buy a new ATV you get a free safety course and a $100 rebate. At least Suzuki and Yamaha did this. I didn't take the course but it was offered to me after all 3 Atv's we bought.

This was the deal when we bought ours too. $100 each for taking the course.