so ticked...new atv rant

Started by Sahara311, March 11, 2006, 02:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sahara311

I bought a new atv, a DS 250, and now I cannot find any parts for it.
I have been told it is because it is a brand new model, but that's so friggin' bogus.
I can't even take it and ride at a track because I can't  get nerf bars. >:(
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

SkyHighT100

Join the crowd.. You arent the only one, but thats what you have to deal with when you buy a first year bike. The LTR 450's are the same way. And the parts that are availible have a pretty long back order. Give it a few months and more things should start popping up. Or get a bike thats been out for more then a year ;)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Sahara311

So just grin and bear it, eh?
I went out to the power lines at 44 and 42 and blew off some steam, so i feel a little better.
It's so annoying though... :P
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

svtbolt04

Hey, its fine in time it will come... Cheer up, its your birthday isnt it?

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Sahara311

Yeah, it was ;)
I had fun riding that day out in the woods and sand, but I had big expectations... just have to wait for the parts.
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

SkyHighT100

Just noticed your location, I'm between ONF and Daytona too... in Orange City/Deland... we could be neighbors, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

dynodon

I am not so sure that would be a good thing,  to be your neighbor skyhigh   J/K !!!! ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

SkyHighT100

Lol... now thats just mean ;) I'm a good neighbor I swear, hehe
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

klutchbuster400

ha, i have an oppisite situation, i got an older quad, with parts, but it wont run :'(
atleast you can ride yours :-\

DZ 350

like everybody said give it some time and there will be parts sooner or later for the DS 250.... isn't ur bike automatic?
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

mudnuri

LOL! I went through the same trouble with my DS. I needed/wanted new parts, but there were none! Looking at all the magazines with every part imaginable for every other machine didn't make it any betterLOL!!
I was talking to a proud new Z450 owner yesterday and he was saying the same thing. I think Suzuki parts will be more readily available than BRP sorry to say.
If I see anything I will send you a pM
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Sahara311

Thanx for the support guys, yeah my atv is automatic. It's a great little bike. Yeah, I would think Yamaha parts would be more available than BRP.
Skyhigh, I live by the DeLand Airport...know any good local places to ride?
Thanks, mudnuri, if you see anything lemme know! You have a DS? 650 or 250?
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

mudnuri

niether.  I sold the DS and got the YFZ!
BRP makes QUALITY machines thats for sure.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Sahara311

I figure I will keep this til I pay it off, then get something much quicker, by then I will be more experienced.
I haven't had any complaints yet on the quality, seems very well put together.
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

SkyHighT100

Nice... I was out at the airport Saturday afternoon, lol... I work right in downtown Deland. I wish there was a good riding place out this way, but I am yet to find one. I heard about somewhere in Deleon Springs, but havent been able to get directions yet.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Sahara311

Have you been out to St Francis trail? It's a spot out 44 right inside lake County...that's where we go..lots of dunes and trails, it's get real muddy when it rains, too.
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

SkyHighT100

I havent been out there, but I think I know where you are talkin about. I might have to join you out there as soon as my quad is back up and running :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

i have a 06 yfz and i have not been on it for two weeks! :'( because it is an 06 i cant get the rear oil seals for the axle bearings! the are on back order for two more weeks. this is crap i want to ride so bad!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com