Venom winches

Started by Keeter, March 09, 2006, 12:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeter

I have seen the question several times on the board. Are the winches under $200 any good. Well, the winches from Venom winches are the real deal. I bought a 3000 from ebay and have used it 10-15 times to pull my 720 lbs Polaris and my 325 lbs butt out the mud. I had an issue with  a couple of parts but the folks from www.venomwinch.com have sent me the new parts no problem. For the money they are well worth it, check them out.  :drink.gif :bow.gif
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

MachineDog

Hmm, looks good to throw on my recon. My dad's starting to get restless of pulling me out of the water all the time. lol
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

BOOOKIE

They look like a decent product.  Did you install it yourself, or had a pro do it for you ?  Just wondering how difficult it would be to install. 
2006 Brute Force 750   27" Mudlites on C6 wheels

Bo322

Get the winch and I'll put it on for ya Boookie

Keeter

Took about 20 minutes to intall on my Sportsman.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Bigscrb15

I bought a really cheap winch on EBAY, it was $35 brand new and I then bought the mounting plate and handlebar switch. I have had no problems with it yet.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Joedirt

Yeah I got a  40$ cheap-o from Harbor Freight , with a warranty....works fine...was covered in mud and submerged....we shall see. :Approve.gif
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

duroc825

I bought the same one from Harbor Freight plus the $5 1 yr warranty. Glad I bought the warranty! Cable came off the spool  (too big of gap at spool edge) when I was trying to pull my Foreman 500 out. Spool cracked in half (cheap pot metal I guess). Anyway Harbor Freight honored their warranty with no problems. I have since invested a little more in a Superwinch and basically have a decent backup I guess. Like everything else it worked great before it broke!

AmericanRobster

Those are some nice winches.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Southern4x4

yea we just got a venom 4000lb winch package for our ranger for $226 including shipping and works like a charm,very easy to install. :ThumbsUp.gif
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MedicMudder

My son (madmudder) got one a2500 around 105$ delivered.I installed it.
All by myself!!! seeing how I am a firefighter/paramedic this a BIG DEAL!!!!
It has worked great!!! pulled his Quadrunner and my 500 SPM,out.I
am getting one for the back of my SPM,as well!! With 27" Brear Claws
when you get stuck U R All messed up!!! Great winches :P  :P
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

JackL

Great thread. I have been looking at those on ebay for six months now. I think I'll get the Harbor Freight one for my trailer, and a Venom for the quad.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: JackL on March 21, 2007, 02:05:59 PM
Great thread. I have been looking at those on ebay for six months now. I think I'll get the Harbor Freight one for my trailer, and a Venom for the quad.

10-4... A buddy of mune bought one and he loves it 120.00 saved him 100,s over my warn. :o

JackL

Ok, I'm trying out a new winch idea. Can't seem to get stuck and actually try it though. :)

I wish it would rain...


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on April 16, 2007, 02:41:31 AM
Quote from: JackL on March 21, 2007, 02:05:59 PM
Great thread. I have been looking at those on ebay for six months now. I think I'll get the Harbor Freight one for my trailer, and a Venom for the quad.

10-4... A buddy of mune bought one and he loves it 120.00 saved him 100,s over my warn. :o

BACK UP..... He hates the winch....used it twice and the D@mn thing broke.

JackL

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 12, 2007, 02:30:28 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on April 16, 2007, 02:41:31 AM
Quote from: JackL on March 21, 2007, 02:05:59 PM
Great thread. I have been looking at those on ebay for six months now. I think I'll get the Harbor Freight one for my trailer, and a Venom for the quad.

10-4... A buddy of mune bought one and he loves it 120.00 saved him 100,s over my warn. :o

BACK UP..... He hates the winch....used it twice and the D@mn thing broke.


You know, that seems to happen with them all. Nothing beats a comealong, unless you never go in the water and mud and only use it to skin hogs IMO.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: JackL on August 13, 2007, 11:29:30 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 12, 2007, 02:30:28 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on April 16, 2007, 02:41:31 AM
Quote from: JackL on March 21, 2007, 02:05:59 PM
Great thread. I have been looking at those on ebay for six months now. I think I'll get the Harbor Freight one for my trailer, and a Venom for the quad.

10-4... A buddy of mune bought one and he loves it 120.00 saved him 100,s over my warn. :o

BACK UP..... He hates the winch....used it twice and the D@mn thing broke.


You know, that seems to happen with them all. Nothing beats a comealong, unless you never go in the water and mud and only use it to skin hogs IMO.



  I dont know I have had Warn on all my Jeeps and 4 wheelers..also Mule, Rhino and Ranger all had Warn....NEVER had an issue. I bought a Superwinch for the Jeep I am building now so I will let you know how she works out.

r6realtor

I have a venom 3000# on my rhino and it has been flawless, Great product for under $169 to the door with the mounting plate! My first warn is on the way for my new grizz we will see which is better?
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

IXIswamperIXI

From my experience I went through with winches, the water and mud absolutely destroy them because they are so low.  I finally got a reese hitch mount winch, I kept it high and dry then when I need it pull it out and slide it in.  Never had any problems.  I know this really doesn't apply in these cases, but it is something to think about.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Palmettobay_recon

I have a venom 2500 on my big bear...awesome product submerged all the time, got alot of work at mudfest it pulled out at least three rhinos and rangers in mud past the floorboards. Well worth the money.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

AmericanRobster

I got a brand new Warn 2,500 pound winch on Sunday from the Suzuki dealer in Sarasota that had the tent event. I can't wait to install it.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

rb-86

I have a 2500lb mile marker winch. Have had it for a year now and used it a million times. Had it submerged in water and in mud pretty much every ride. Never had a problem or given it maintanence (other than pulling the line out every once in a while to make it tight again). Bought it for 160 and installed it myself. Mile marker is the brand the military uses and they actually fabricate parts for warn.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit

retiredw3

I recently had a new 2000lb Venom Winch installed on my 03 Sportsman 400 and the contactor is defective.It will spool in but it won't spool out.Does anyone have a phone number for Venom Winches?..Thanks :(
03 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4(Green/Black)
Rack extenders
2000lb Venom Winch
06 Jeep Wrangler
03 Harley Road King Classic

Keeter

They are all over ebay but I suggest that you go on ebay and buy a wireless contactor from Gorilla. The Gorilla wireless contacter is sealed and works great and durable.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Palmettobay_recon

well my 2500 finally died after last weekend. it had a good long run before it decided to quit. Im definately buying another Venom
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com