Projects

Started by Southern4x4, March 05, 2006, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern4x4

Quote from: MachineDog on May 10, 2006, 09:26:37 PM
lol, we got the mud tires on the recon and it's good. K&N on the rancher improved the top-end but it still feels like something holds the bike back in the high-end. Even my dad on his 500 smokes me. I'm only able to keep up to about 3rd gear with extremely high shift-points. After that though it feels like fourth gear is fastest possible since fifth is geared like 1:0.73 making it more of an overdrive. It actually slows down a bit when I shift into fifth making it a struggle gear hunting at high speed on trails. Sucks. :( Any ideas 400exkid? It's getting annoying as crud and all I can think is to get a better pipe. It just feels way underpowered at high speed.
well im not sure but dont you have to jet it because arent you getting more air flow with the new filer?
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MachineDog

Not that much more air I wouldn't think. Might try that though. And personally I think it could turn them, if I could get it to the point where I needed to start out in 1st, I'd be on 30s. 2nd - 3rd gear is enough power to get going right now, and in 1st gear it pulls my dad's quad out of the mud easy as pie. Just would be slow.. although it already is slow so who cares. Might try to save up for a CRF150F to ride fast.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

rubicon500kid

well in thick mud i dont think it would but in water downed stuff it would but hey if it dose pull um in thick stuff that would be a cool rancher lol

also if u wnat to find more stuff out on the rancher and what mods ppl use go to high lifter alot of good info on there
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

WARRIOR350

That pipe is purdy, how much is it?

Southern4x4

sorry i fixed the link
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MachineDog

I've looked around and decided my next mod will be a Warn 424. Seeing my buddy on his AC500 doing wheelies and burnouts where I can't is frustrating. Plus it should give me a little better top end.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

black 450r

05 TRX 450r #205 Sponsers Parts Unlimited Klotz Lonestar Maxima Moose

MachineDog

#58
FUTURE MODS - Honda Rancher 4x4 w/ K&N:
Snorkel & Jet Kit - Next mods
Lift kit
Front Bumper & 2500lb Winch
26" Vamps - Christmas time.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

klutchbuster400

Z is almost done!
well a temporary done lol. All i really need is a rear shock, and some handguards and shes done. Long travel shocks, a-aarms and an axle can all come way down the road, on a 450 ::)

Southern4x4

well since my little headlights on ym handle bars dont light up enough to fit my needs imma copy my uncle and put a kc daylighter on my bars hopefully ill get a disk brake conversion kit and a fmf pipe!!!!!!!!!!
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MachineDog

Did the snorkel today, now gotta figure out how I'm going to pay for some vamps.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Southern4x4

sit on the corner of the street and play music!!.i put my light on my bars and it is BRIGHT!!!
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com