what brand winch?

Started by BADAZZ750, March 03, 2006, 08:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADAZZ750

Which winch should I buy? I want to put it on my brute force 750. Can I get by with a 2500 or do I need 3000#. Is warn the best or are the summit any good? I want something that will hold up and last but I dont want to spend any more than I have to. Are they worth the money or not? :dunno.gif
05 BRUTE FORCE 750 WITH 27`S (MINE)        05 POLARIS PREDATOR 50 (DAUGHTERS)

2006YFZ450

I personally like the WARN's and I haven't heard anything about about them ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

535banshee

warn is good and so is the ramsey. do not put them under water alot because the gears in side will rust solid over time. had to rebuild them alot here for people

Moose

Get the Warn 3.0. it's water proof and comes with everything needed except the mounting bracket.
I love mine.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

MachineDog

Warn's awesome. We have a 2500 for our 1000 lb arctic cat and hasn't failed us yet. We've pulled out everything from my brother's dirtbike to an almost completely sunk john deere gator.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

raptor426

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Chillinthemost

I have Warn 2500 because I bought it used and  CHEAP. I probably would have bought a 3000 or 4000# if I bought a new one. I have needed it 3 times and each time it pulled me out no problem. This is on a Rhino that weighs twice what most quads weigh.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

DZ 350

WARN !!! i heard these are great powerful winches!! ;)
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

MuddFreak77

Warn 3000, just cause its a sealed unit.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand