most reliable

Started by KD 428, February 03, 2006, 06:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD 428

what is your opinion of the most reliable atv?/? I'll have to go wit honda or yamaha
HONDA CRF450R

Mrs.Nightbreed

#1
I think it really boils down to maintenance.

Honda and Suzuki will put up with more abuse than a Yamaha but any well taken care of quad will be reliable for a long time.

klutchbuster400

zuki and yamaha ;) , but i have seen a few old hondas hanging around.

Jax_Rdr_01

from my experiences ide have to go with honda.
05 400ex
two brother m-7 pipe
k&n filter
dyno jet kit
WB rev kit
um nerfs
07 King Quad 450

RAD 450r

Yeah like ms nightbread said it boils down to if you clean and mantain your fourwheller in good condition. If you actually cleaned your fourwheeler after you rode everytime kenny and checked to see if everything else is good it would be more reliable to you.  Not meaning to bash you around or anything
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Numkut

I'd say the honda ex bikes. Those ol xr engines are still putting around.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

2006YFZ450

Im a YAMAHA man but HONDA is the most reliable ATV if your not going to maintain it alot ;)

But if you do everything to maintian your Quad you wont have any problems with it....

Just cuz HONDA is realiable doesn't mean that you dont have to do anything to it. ::)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

PaulyV500

I believe that suzuki has proven to be the most reliable. I had a vinson that I ran hard for a couple of years and it never had a problem, even after a couple of bad wrecks. Honda has also done my family really well.  I have had some problems with Kawasaki recently, but they are decent. I do not like Yamaha, I had a bad one before and my friends grizzly breaks constantly. Time will tell how Bombardier does, but so far I am really impressed. My friends Polaris has proven to be tough.

1. Suzuki
2. Honda
3. Kawi
4. Polaris
5. Bombardier, I think it will move up as time goes by and I log more miles.
6. Yamaha
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

DZ 350

ya yamaharider if u take care of the quad like maintence and cleaning, your quad should last longer!!!!
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

DZ 350

and i have to go with yamaha!!!!
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Quad32x on February 04, 2006, 02:29:02 PM
E-Ton. ;)

lol.... I was going to put that. I've had 2 of them and they run great. We've never had 1 Iota of a problem with the Etons
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

americanhighlander

#13
I know honda's are very good and
they have shaft drive in 4x4 quads.

I know my friend told me once honda's
do last for long time.


You are right about honda's and suzuki's.

I know they are less fixing and  they don't  break down
so much like other quads do. :)

Plus I have maintain it once every month to check it
if everything is okay.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

2006YFZ450

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on February 04, 2006, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on February 04, 2006, 02:29:02 PM
E-Ton. ;)

lol.... I was going to put that. I've had 2 of them and they run great. We've never had 1 Iota of a problem with the Etons

How fast did the E-Ton go with you on it??? :drive.gif

I bet you botomed out the shocks when you sat on it huh............ :P
























J/P ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Yamaha72

#15
Quote from: PaulyV500 on February 04, 2006, 08:10:43 AM
I believe that suzuki has proven to be the most reliable. I had a vinson that I ran hard for a couple of years and it never had a problem, even after a couple of bad wrecks. Honda has also done my family really well.  I have had some problems with Kawasaki recently, but they are decent. I do not like Yamaha, I had a bad one before and my friends grizzly breaks constantly. Time will tell how Bombardier does, but so far I am really impressed. My friends Polaris has proven to be tough.

1. Suzuki
2. Honda
3. Kawi
4. Polaris
5. Bombardier, I think it will move up as time goes by and I log more miles.
6. Yamaha


1.Yamaha
2.Honda
3.Suzuki/Kawasaki
4.Polaris
5.Bombardier

I have owned 3 Yamaha's and they have never gave me any trouble, Honda motors are bullet proof but they lack big time in the drivetrain. (both my friends with Honda Ute's constantly snap there axles and mess up there CV's and I never seen this happen to a Yamaha Ute), Suzuki and Kawasaki are good............... Polaris's aren't the best in my opinion. My friends starter locked up so he bought a brand new one then about 2 month's later it locked up again and Bombardier..... They are nothing but trouble with all the little problems they have.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com