Teach your wife's and daugters to trailer.

Started by qt314nfla, February 01, 2006, 11:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

Quote from: kawGIRL on February 02, 2006, 12:03:54 PM
Quote from: wilburz on February 02, 2006, 07:07:46 AM
I have my old lady trained up right. When I am ready to go riding or hunting for that matter I just tell her when I am leaving. The day before she has all my stuff packed up, coolers,clothes what not, in dry boxes stacked up nicely in the garage. When I give the signal the day of leaving she loads the atv, and all the other stuff in the truck. All I have to do is slip on the boots and give her a kiss good bye.

BTW - The reverse of this process is completed once I come home.

WARNING - This process will not happen over night, it has taken me almost 8 years to train her and she still makes mistakes on occasion!     

Sounds like she can't wait to get you out of the house Huh?  :M :R



So she can call her boyfriend up to come over  :P

You probably have the first part right. The second part may be partly right but not her boyfriend. If you know what I mean.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Joedirt

Mine drives 18 Wheelers for a living...so we are good in trailering department!...I should take up faking sick...to get out of driving.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Busta Nutt

Teach women to back up a trailer? Are you insane? I don't think they should even be behind the wheel!

FTRRACER8

QuoteHere is a question I have that I was wondering if anyone can give advice on that is not my boyfriend! Any tips as far as loading the back of the truck using ramps vs pulling the trailer. They truely scare the heck out of me! I have visions of me going through the back windshield or falling off the ramp!

Also, it is a good idea to load in the grass if you don't have straps on your ramps.  You wouldn't want a tire to grab too well and spit the ramp out from under you on slippery concrete.  I also try to look for uneven ground so I can get the truck lower than the ramps.  That reduces the incline.

bigscrub79

Quote from: wilburzbro on February 02, 2006, 06:03:27 PM
Teach women to back up a trailer? Are you insane? I don't think they should even be behind the wheel!
I second that.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

qt314nfla

Oh where to start.

Susie- love the comment on wanting to get Wilburz out of town for new company.

Wilburzbro & Scrub79- y'all are a$$holes. :o

As for loading w/ ramps.  I change the incline by driving down the driveway.  Grass or dirt is always a good place to do this as suggested.  I have a tool box in the back of my truck which prevents me from worrying about going through the back window.  I do what muddfreak suggested and stand beside the quad loading and unloading and give it even throttle till it's on the truck.  If you have 4wd make sure you are using it.  The front two wheels pulling help to keep from kicking the ramps out.

MachineDog

[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

dreth

man  wilburz! it took you 8 yrs to get her that way. i had mine trained in just under 2 1/2 yrs and she makes fresh baked cookies and cupcakes too ;D and i get to be home when she brings her boyfriend (if thats what you want to call her) over :D

Bigscrb15

Quote from: dreth on February 03, 2006, 07:58:28 AM
.........and she makes fresh baked cookies and cupcakes too ...........

Dreth! you suck. First you gotta rub it in you get those cookies all the time, then you gotta tell us she does cupcakes too? Not cool! ;)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

shortcut

Kawgirl's the only person I'd let handle any of our rigs, she's been doing it for over 20 yrs. and she's better then any of the guy's I know.
Is this all there is ?

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com