state requirements

Started by dirtyface, January 28, 2006, 10:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyface

I am thinking of buying a new quad out of state. Does it have to be registered or licensed in florida? I thought you just had to have a bill of sale to buy or sell  a quad in the state. It is not street legal so I am under the assumption it doesn't have to be licensed. Am I wrong? Or do they just want to collect money from you for the purchase? ???
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

ATVXtreme

Taken from the state of florida website. If you want more information check out the link to the website.

Off Highway Vehicles

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/titlinf.html

Florida Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Titling Law requires OHV owners to apply for a Certificate of Title and obtain an OHV decal to be affixed on his/her OHV for use on OHV trails. To find out about OHV titling law, please read the Florida OHV Guide. OHV decals are available at your local Tax Collector offices. For more information about the OHV use on public lands, please visit the State Forest Recreation site.

ATVXtreme

This decal may also be required when the trail system goes in in the forest.

dirtyface

I just read the info, so they want to make sure they get their tax. I have an old 250r for 20 years and it has never been registered. I wonder how many guys are going in and registering their used or out of state quads? If you move here do you have to pay tax twice? once in prior state and then here. :o
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

Moose

I hate taxes also, but the title for a quad is a one time deal, like a title on a car. They say it's to help cut down on stolen quads, but we know better. At least it's only a one time deal. A title is only required to ride on state land, to prove you aren't on a stolen quad. Other than that, I'm not sure you have to have it titled.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

TOY_DOCTOR

I thought the money collected from titling ORV's was supposed to go into a fund to purchase more riding areas, after almost 3 years of collecting and millions of dollars in the fund I still see no riding areas opening up, only riding areas closing.

Heres is what I got from the tax collector the other da                               Used Off-highway vehicle purchased in Fl. 07-01-02 or after.
1) one of the following must be summited as proff of ownership.
       *Florida certicate of title
       * A bill of sale
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

dirtyface

and I believe proof of taxes paid, I guess that is on the bill of sale unless bought used, than pay when you register.
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

ATVXtreme

Welcome, the government has you all fooled... Pay your taxes... If the bill of sale has no price on it, put in the paid amount 10.00.

Ex Racer

  I am looking at a used 2001 banshee and the guy says he has no title to it. Should I retreive the serial number and have DMV search it before I buy to insure that I will be able to get a croom/state sticker? Thanks in advance.
2006 LTR, CB, deleted air box lid, baffle........

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com