blister problem

Started by klutchbuster400, January 20, 2006, 08:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klutchbuster400

i went to the track yesterday and now my hand is full of blisters.
is their like a type of glove or grip that could help :-\

Southern4x4

gloves work most of the time but im used to blisters and claises
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Ida_Mann

go ride again in a day or two,,,,it'll toughen your hands.

I've heard, but have no personal knowledge,,,,that oury grips are pretty good.

I've still got the stock grips on my quad so I can't speak from experience.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

I like fat soft grips. OURY makes some nice ones. Also when I race a 2 hour race I use Moose Underwear gloves. They are made of kevlar. They go under your gloves to prevent blisters. this combo works good for me no more blisters.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

what i use works great! i use what are called palm savers. the are a neapream material that wrap on your hand under your glove. they work so well i wont ride without them! i can ride all day stright and at the end of the day my hands wont even feel like i have been riding at all!!!!!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Dr.Dirt


Eworm

Keep riding and turn them into calises.

RAD 450r

Um I think, you should try to wear tighter gloves, not sure though
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

klutchbuster400

i have some pretty tight gloves already, any idea of where i can get those under gloves or that thing you use maverick, and price.
thanks.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

#9
they are only 7 bucks! worth there weight in gold!!!!! try this link you can order them here!


http://pitposse.com/riac.html
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on January 20, 2006, 10:00:01 PM
they are only 7 bucks! worth there weight in gold!!!!! try this link you can order them here!


http://pitposse.com/riac.html
thanks man, i think ill order a pair or two when my dad gets home.

kfx400rob

u never had this problem b4???
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Z400BADBOY

YOSHIMURA EXHAUST
FLY CHROME HANDLEBARS
DYNO JETTED 155
AC NERFS
AC BUMPER
OURY GRIPS
2 STAGE RACE READY FILTER
EHS AIR BOX KIT
REAR HOLESHOTS
ITP RIMS

jaxdawg

OURY grips are very nice

klutchbuster400

i think im going with the palm savers.

UncleRico

I use to get blisters all the time, and I'd go through grips like mad. 

It's a common problem for those of us who ride really agressive.

I switched to a leather palmed glove and that seemed to help.

Or course, my blisters are now caluses (sp?).



Good luck
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

klutchbuster400

those palm savers couldnt come in soon enough, going again tomorrow to the track and im gonna have to push it hard, couple friends talkin smack ;) i rode today without gloves to try and get calisis on my blisters, they dont hurt as much, just when you poke them lol.

kfx400rob

how come uv never had this problem b4 the z???  u should already have calisis  ???
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: kfx400rob on January 23, 2006, 12:15:44 AM
how come uv never had this problem b4 the z???  u should already have calisis  ???
only had like 3 rides on it, i had it form the warrior, but i havent ridden in so long before i got the z it kinda went away :-\

Chevy1500z71

i think i mite get a pair of those palm savers, my hands is torn up

LakeMaryKid

All yall panzies, suck it up and ride.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Chevy1500z71


UncleRico

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 23, 2006, 01:56:55 AM
All yall panzies, suck it up and ride.

Lake Mary Kid doesn't even wear gloves when he rides, and his grips are made from 80 grit sand paper. 

He's a REAL man.   Hahahaha
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

klutchbuster400

Quote from: UncleRico on January 24, 2006, 01:04:56 AM
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 23, 2006, 01:56:55 AM
All yall panzies, suck it up and ride.

Lake Mary Kid doesn't even wear gloves when he rides, and his grips are made from 80 grit sand paper. 

He's a REAL man.   Hahahaha
when was the last time you rode your 400 curtis :-\

KD 428

I got myself a pair of fox gloves and said good bye to blisters my first ride wit em'
HONDA CRF450R