Getting my Private Pilot License!!

Started by Bigscrb15, January 13, 2006, 05:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

Well, I have been wanting to get my license since I was a little kid and now I am going forward! I have always been interested in aviation and love planes! I just got back from my local Flight Academy and I am starting with the Cessna CBI(Computer Base Instruction.) Being that Im gettin married and have to plan all that and pay for the honeymoon, I chose to take my classes pretty slow, so it will take me around a year to complete them. Can't wait to get my first solo flight under my wings!!!


This is everything that the CBI has.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Toomey

That's something that I kinda want to do.  I've been thinking of having a job having to do with flying.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Parts Man

That's wonderful Bigs-go for it.It's something I have thought about also but I am still only a Radio control pilot.
Mike

Redinjun

let us know when you get it... so we can reinforce our roofs.

dreth

i can save you alot of money! follow me and ill show you how to fly :R :R :R :R :R :R :R

Chillinthemost

I too have always wanted to get my license. I go to Sun and Fun every year and get fired up about it then the reality of my busy life reminds me the time is not right. I want to do it when I can really dedicate a lot of time to it. Good luck, have fun.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

gery350

dude thats awesome.
congrats on following your dream.
i git dibs on the first ride. ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

2006YFZ450

Sweet let me know when you go flying..I'll even pay for a rental plane ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

RL400

Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on January 13, 2006, 07:18:04 PM
Sweet let me know when you go flying..I'll even pay for a rental plane ;)

i really hope that was a joke.

05greengriz

Contact me if there is anytghing I can help with. I got my private rotorcraft in 03 and finished with my commercial in 05. Good Luck
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Moose

#10
Hey man, go for it. Years ago it took one year to complete the normal course anyway. I wanted to, but never finnished. I did get this far, mine was all red and a blast to fly. Drawback-being alone up there with no one to share it with. With a private license you can take someone with you. I could only go up alone.

[attachment deleted by admin]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Pastense

Quote from: 05greengriz on January 15, 2006, 06:42:21 PM
Contact me if there is anytghing I can help with. I got my private rotorcraft in 03 and finished with my commercial in 05. Good Luck

Hey Green, did you learn on the ubixutous Robinson 22 ?
If so whats that ride like?
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Pastense

Congrats BIgScrub........you know, they say that once you begin to fly you'll notice that you don't look at the ground that often afterwards. Instead, you'll always be looking up.
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Bigscrb15

Thanks everyone! I am hoping sometime later this week or Sunday I can get my first 2 hours or so in the aircraft. Im really excited.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

LakeMaryKid

Congrats bro that will be a BIG accomplishment to look back on and tell stories about!

What am i talking about iv never even been on a plane!
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

05greengriz

Quote from: Pastense on January 15, 2006, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: 05greengriz on January 15, 2006, 06:42:21 PM
Contact me if there is anytghing I can help with. I got my private rotorcraft in 03 and finished with my commercial in 05. Good Luck

Hey Green, did you learn on the ubixutous Robinson 22 ?
If so whats that ride like?

No, I learned in a hughes 500D model.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

jocolo

#16
Congrats!! I was a flight instructor in Kissimmee for 2 1/2 years I'm now a Captain flying CRJ200 for Northwest and had my first flying lesson in 1999 so if you want a career in aviation YES it's very duable just not as easy as it once was. My advise is to fly at least twice a week otherwise you will be repeating lessons and spend more money in the long run, I went to a school in Lakeland (now closed) it took me 6 month from 40 total hours to cfii (instrument flightinstructor).
So to make a story short I went from owning a lanscaping bussines to Captain in 4 years.
Good luck man



[attachment deleted by admin]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com