Big Cypress the weekend of January 20th.

Started by Keeter, January 11, 2006, 05:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeter

Gamer, Durkan, myself and a few other good friends  :P are getting together the weekend of the 20th at Big Cypress. MuddingMark is coming for the day. We are going to setup camp on the 20th early and leave on the 22nd. We are going to ride until we run out of clean clothes.  :M

You are welcome to camp with us, out in the dark woods, or you can reserve an official camp site with shower (cold water only) and bathroom just down the road from where we will be. You are also welcome to come out and ride with us just for the day if you want.

If you have not got your bike inspected yet, you can get it inspected anytime between 8 and 3 during the entire weekend at the Visitor station. Bring your title or or a title request form ( the dealer knows what it means ) and $50 bucks and your in. It also must meet the requirements below. They actually measure the tire width (face ) with a ruler. Make sure you have these  ;) or it will be a long ride home. There is a gas station with a Subway and a little restaurant down the road.  Got to this site for more info  about Big Cypress.
http://www.nps.gov/bicy/orv/orvpage.htm

The mud is deep, we are not talking a water hole with mud underneath, you can see the mud. If you want to ride reply to this thread. There is some water so you will get wet, "is it deep?" I have not hit any that is over the headlights of my Sportsman, although there is some deep stuff out there. A lot of the water has dried up. Oh, I forgot to mention how beautiful and peaceful it is out there. It is hard to believe something this beautiful existed in south Florida.

The trails take you over 8 miles into the middle of the forrest, so bring a snack and plenty of water and make sure your tank is full. A few cans of Fix-a-flat and some tire plugs would not hurt either. Remember you will be miles from your rig.
A GPS is cool to have also.

I am no expert on the place, but there are people on this board that have camps out there that are very familiar with BC. (AnOriginal)  I will try to answer any questions you may have and I am sure there are people on this board that will help out as well..So who is in? ;D ;D

 


Front Tires 7"
Rear Tires 9"
Working white Headlight
Working Red Tail Light
Muffl er
VIN#
PROOF OF TITLE (State Law Requirement)
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

MuddingMark

Hey Keeter,

Got 2 threads going. For the rest of you here's the other thread:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,10140.0.html

It's going to be a great time. I can't wait.

MuddingMark 8)
Now this is stress relief!

Anoriginal

I'll answer any questions I can.

Have a good trip.

MiamiE

I went to the dealer to get that form and they had no clue what i was talking about. They told me to check with my loan company, which is Honda.  :-\
1988 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
25" Vampires

1988 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
25" Stockers

sk8r_dude

#4
This is what you guys are in for. Notice the high water lines on the cypress trees, this was taken in the dry season. Have fun!

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

sk8r_dude

This is Concho Billy.

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

AintSkeered

The first pic is great, but, judging by the second one, that water is shallow. Is the entire trail under water?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

sk8r_dude

It depends on water levels. From what Anoriginal described, I would think there will be more water than dry trails like this one. I would suggest taking off from Monroe Station and heading North. This is the highest area and gives you the most options on different areas to ride. It also tends to be the dryest.

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

sk8r_dude

Big Cypress is "Big" If you ride far enough, you will hit I-95!

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

AintSkeered

Well, I'm out for next weekend's ride. I'll be repairing a broken-off shift knob, blown CVT belt and carbs(fouling plugs every 5 hours).
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Anoriginal

Quote from: sk8r_dude on January 15, 2006, 08:44:51 AM
Big Cypress is "Big" If you ride far enough, you will hit I-95!

I know exactly where this is. This area is very very bad when wet.

Monroe North is good until the end of the rock trail. After that, depending on the rain and water level, it can be a real mess. There are some very nice high spots along the trail to camp. I'm going out of town this weekend or I'd come down and show  you guys around.  Have a good trip and take some pictures for all of us.

MuddingMark

Hey Keeter,

I'm still in for the ride for Saturday morning. Where do you want to meet and at what time.

I've hiked the Mounment Road which goes north from Monroe Station. It's nice like Anoriginal says. The road itself is mostly sand not all above water. There is deep mud especially for the first mile. I think that it will be a little dryer there than Burns.

Anyway let me know.

MuddingMark 8)
Now this is stress relief!

2 rut

last weekend

[attachment deleted by admin]
98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

2 rut

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

2 rut

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

2 rut

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com