Are there noise limits in ONF?

Started by otto, December 22, 2005, 03:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otto

Are there noise limits in Ocala National Forest?

Is there anything else I should watch out for?
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

eric

I had a really loud earpopping pipe on my previous ride a DS 650 and never had anyone stop me or complain and I rode all over Big Scrub area. I hear loud bikes out there all the time. I would say just don't go crazy reving inside campground areas like Big Scrub and when you pass by hunters go slow and be courteous.

Ida_Mann

all depends on which ranger you ask, and which side of the bed he wakes up on, or how twisted his panties are.

If they say there is a limit, then just be polite and ask them to show you the rule in writing.

I have a loud pipe, but it's not extreme, and go by the suggestion from above.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

RaptItUp

Same as above, but you do need a USFS approved spark arrestor.

Stay off numbered roads.

Thrasher

i thought it was 96db in ALL national forests.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

themensh

  If you 'think' your pipes are loud and have to ask about noise restrictions...........then they are probaly too loud.

I don't know for a fact that they are.    Just guessing.
(if they are indeed too loud...please ride behind me)

               Chuck
   
   

otto

Our pipes sound marvelous!  ;D ;D ;D

My son's Blaster has a Toomey that's a little noisey but not painful. I have the CT pipe on my YFZ. It is 101dB with all discs but I can bring it down to 93dB by removing discs...sounds like I should take a few out. ;)

The old saying "loud pipes save lives" is true provided you don't get shot by someone you pissed off.



 
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

GSPKurt

The noise rule is not currently enforced, to my knowledge, but as soon as the trail system takes effect, it will be "enthusiastically" enforced. They will have dB meters and ticket books.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

raptor426

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

bigscrub79

Quote from: GSPKurt on January 02, 2006, 01:01:07 AM
The noise rule is not currently enforced, to my knowledge, but as soon as the trail system takes effect, it will be "enthusiastically" enforced. They will have dB meters and ticket books.
What will be the limit?
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]