What is the nearest Hotel to Big Scrub?

Started by Pat, August 20, 2005, 08:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Heading to Big Scrub this weekend...what is the nearest hotel to the entrance? I do not think there is anything real close but a Howard Johnsons? Sheraton? The whole family is coming and a campground is out of the question.
Thanks!
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

NPRVinson

Mill Dam is alot closer if you are referring to the HJ's in Silver Springs.

tekhanto

FOX Den Inn little Mom & Pop in Umitilla on right side
going towards forest
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

PaulyV500

I would reccomend staying and riding from Mill Dam.  That is what my son and I do most of the time.  You can rent on of thier units for $59.00 per night and if you check in early or stay late you can leave your rig in one of the spots by the fence. I think you will be happy for the price and the location of the trails.
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

flmike73

I usually stay at Elite, but I'm actually looking for something in the southern end of the forest.  I was hoping to find something that you can ride out of.  When staying at Elite, you have to trailer out each day.

themensh

Big Scrub is about 18 miles WEST  of Astor......(8 miles to road 588 and  8 miles south of SR 40). No hotels in between.

AintSkeered

#6
We stay 20 minutes south of Big Scrub at the Mount Dora Comfort Inn.  Use Mapquest for easy directions. There's a few closer motels, but, we like it cause it's close to lots of restaurants, WalMart, etc.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

flmedic911


Eworm

Quote from: tekhanto on August 22, 2005, 07:30:23 PM
FOX Den Inn little Mom & Pop in Umitilla on right side
going towards forest

If staying in Scrub, this is probably your best option

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com