Need help, any voluteers???

Started by MotoMike, March 16, 2005, 12:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoMike

Okay, I have decided to jet my bike on my own.  I was going to take it in to be jetted and have my pipe put on, but I was looking at over $150 for that.

So, everything is on its way. My DynoJet kit will be here on Friday, my Rossier Exhaust will be here tomorrow and K&N filter with Alba adapter will be here on Tuesday. I am planning on doing this on Sunday (without the K&N). I am a little worried because I have never done this before. Can ANYONE volunteer some time to help me.  There is a real nice guy on here that will do it but he lives pretty far and would hate to make him drive all the way over.

TIA,
Mike

Ida_Mann

I'm sure you could get a better price from ATP and he most likely will take some time to show you how to do it youreself.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MotoMike

That is who I got the price from...lol

Anyway, just going to do it.  So many people say it is easy.  Already got my plastics off and tomorrow I plan to put on the exhaust then, Sunday I will jet it.

Mike

Ida_Mann

oops, didn't think it was that much, but I didn't pay JUST for the jetting when I had mine worked on, there was TONS more done to mine.

and still being done, and still being done ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MotoMike

Cool, well someone is going to help me install the dynojet mid next week.  Today I am going to install my pipe.

Mike

A.T.P. RACING

Quoteoops, didn't think it was that much, but I didn't pay JUST for the jetting when I had mine worked on, there was TONS more done to mine.

and still being done, and still being done ;-)

Id@


Jetting on any quad is $100.00. This includes any and all jets or needles to do the job. (no jet kits)
And $50.00 to install a full exhaust system

[url="//www.allterrainperformance.com"]www.allterrainperformance.com[/url]

Ida_Mann

just $50 for the exhaust?  seeing how mine took me about an hour to get it right AND I needed help,,,that seems like a deal.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MotoMike

lol...yeah its a good deal, but I am broke right now.  I just realized that I needed tires too, so I am trying to save every penny.  I removed my exhaust last night with few problems but I still got it off.  Now today my new Rossier exhaust gets here so I will be installing that tonight.

Mike

Ida_Mann

I COMPLETELY understand about saving money.

 ;D

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MotoMike

#9
[smiley=Wink.gif]  I am finding that this bike is going to start getting very expensive...lol

Mike

Hey look at that, 200 posts!

A.T.P. RACING

Quotelol...yeah its a good deal, but I am broke right now.  I just realized that I needed tires too, so I am trying to save every penny.  I removed my exhaust last night with few problems but I still got it off.  Now today my new Rossier exhaust gets here so I will be installing that tonight.

Mike


Hey we understand about the money. If we can be of any help over the phone. Give me a call.
[url="//www.allterrainperformance.com"]www.allterrainperformance.com[/url]

MotoMike

Thanx!  You guys have always been helpful.

Mike

LE450-RACER#77

An hour to install a pipe................??????????

I think you need to stick with working on computers or whatever it is that you do.


04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

MotoMike

Well, I didn't have the right tools so I had to run to Discount, twice... [smiley=laugh.gif]

But once I got everything and figured out that my radiator hose had to be removed, it took me only a few minutes.  The most time consuming thing was trying to work with the wrong size tools and driving to get the right tools.

Mike

BTW, I am in Marketing.

LE450-RACER#77

I wasn't talking about you Mikey.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

atvaltz

if you want that thing jetted  right come down to sandmountain for practice next weekend and since it is close to my shop bring it  down we will jet it take me about 10 to 15 min on that bike  ill put a pipe on and jet it  for around 75$ takes about 20 min to put the pipe on depending  on the pipe  and the bikes
let renagade motosports help ya out the right way the first time
1 word   suzuki     nough said

450R_Matt

$150.. Thats not a bad price. ;)  Thats what a local guy here charges. Also where can you find anyone that will charge you for a 1/2 hr labor?   ???  Min 1 hr just about anywhere you go. :-/ ....but if your broke than you have to do what you have to do.

I put a dyno jet kit and a full exhaust system on my 400ex and it wasnt that hard. the dyno kit comes with a great detail on how to set it up.  Mike you should not have any problems. ;)
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

MotoMike

Steve...oops...lol

Brandon...I can't make it to Sand because I have a Turkey hunt that weekend and the next.  This weekend I won't be doing anything either.  But I really appreciate the offer.  I still need to get with you on those tires.

1fast...I don't think I will have too much trouble.  I did a lot of reading on the net on how to install the jet kit and there is a guy coming over that lives right up the road to help.

Mike

Ida_Mann

QuoteAn hour to install a pipe................??????????

I think you need to stick with working on computers or whatever it is that you do.



maybe, but I'm used to working with much smaller tools and a keyboard.  It all depends on what your time is worth to you, if your time is worth more than it would cost to do something,,,,then let someone else do it.  How do you think I get paid?  The people here could do exactly what I do with some more training and a bit of experience, but it is better for them if they pay me to do the job.

and I was guesstimating how long it took, it seemed like forever to get my pipe BACK on after I TOOK it off.

ohwell, I took off a couple days to help break down my quad and then put it back together, but it was worth my time because I wanted to learn how to do it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

T2

MotoMike, I can try to help you put the jet kit in, It shouldn't be that hard. I will PM you my phone # I dont live far from Apopka so if you want give me a call. I know all about trying to save some money. Later Tony.  
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

MotoMike

Got the pipe back on...took me about 20 mins.  Had to go get another tool...lol

Damn my bike is loud now.  Kind of scared me a little because there is a slight back fire when you let off the gas but I just read that is normal.  Can't wait to get the bike jetted.  One thing, I can already tell that it is a little faster off the line.

Mike

LE450-RACER#77

Be carefull riding your bike until its jetted for the pipe because it is lean right now & that can hurt it.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

MotoMike

Ok, thanx!  Won't ride it again!  I will wait until Tuesday...thanx for the heads up.

Mike

Ida_Mann

QuoteBe carefull riding your bike until its jetted for the pipe because it is lean right now & that can hurt it.

excellent advice, head it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com