My ATV is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT THEY FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Yamaha72, January 05, 2006, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joedirt

Yeah that is just crappy.....I was out having a drink in PSL last night and a guy had a brand new King Quad in the back of his truck....1 tie down strap..and the keys were in it!!!!....he was drinking in the bar I guess...brand new Quad.....people make it easy to steal... BUT In your case....that is pretty rotten...
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

ish

if you find any info out send me a pm and i will be more than glad to go with you to this guys house and beat the living %$#@ out of him and get your bike back.

[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

yunt2ride

Do you have a pic of it to post on here. Maybe a vin. number. People need to know what to look for.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

qt314nfla

It is a rule of thumb that when I sell something if they want to ride it they have to give me what I'm asking for before they ride.  After they come back is when negotiating starts.

Looks like it's going to come down to taking pics of ppl, vehicles, plate numbers, and finger printing them just in case.

I hope you get it back and they pay dearly for their actions.  I keep reading this post hoping to hear a good out come.  It's a hard lesson to learn but thanks for posting it so maybe others will learn from it.


kawGIRL

Sorry for your loss  :'( This is a very old scam :(
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

enniehall

If the police are no help try doing a search on dogpile or just google the info you have.  I was involved in an accident with my truck I had a bit more info than you did but when I searched what I had online you wouldn't belive how quick we found my guy.  If it's no help the police should have public records might be able to find something in there.  Did the guy give you his name or anything?
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

Ida_Mann

I can only hope that the lack of posting here means you are in process of getting your quad back.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Pastense

Quote from: bluesman on January 05, 2006, 08:20:37 PM
   RULE NUMBER 1
   
  2 IN THE CHEST AND 1 IN THE HEAD!!!


Bluesman,
We got to get together and ride sometime man...............I swear you read my mind when you write your posts.
2:L
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Pastense

On a more serious note, no one wants to be reminded of how myopic in vision they were to not see this scam coming.  So try not to remind the poor guy about the fact that he got taken.  Instead we should all try to empathize with him.  Believe me I do empathize with you. 
Make no mistake, unless you were aware of this scam before hand, this could have easily happened to anyone on this board.  What I would like to say is thank you.  Thank you for informing me of something to be leary of, when it comes time to sell my own bike.   I do hope sincerely, that you do retrieve your property.
I ride often in Homestead so I will keep my eye out.  If you would like to PM me the information on your bike so that I can determine if its down this way please feel free.

Also as an aside, Dr Bones maybe a small post about the different scams that thieves and matchstick men use to steal quads would be appropriate in the for sale forum would be aprapos.

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Yamaha72

The VIN is JY43JM0361C024295. I have pics but I dont know how to post them??? can someone help me out????????
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

RL400

Quote from: Yamaha72 on January 06, 2006, 06:09:08 PM
The VIN is JY43JM0361C024295. I have pics but I dont know how to post them??? can someone help me out????????
when you hit reply and you're typing a post, click additional options below it and it says Attach: just click browse and select the image.

or just email them to me rl400ex@gmail.com ill post them for you.

gery350

well i checked on the stolen vehicle link in the for sale section and it did come up as stolen. at least you know its in the system. good luck.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Yamaha72

I just did a background search on the guys phone # when I get the results emailed to me.......... we will have a shotgun party at this guys house
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Yamaha72 on January 06, 2006, 07:34:43 PM
I just did a background search on the guys phone # when I get the results emailed to me.......... we will have a shotgun party at this guys house

DID SOMEONE SAY PARTY?
VERY COOL!!

TurboBanshee_kid

New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

TurboBanshee_kid

Hey lakemarykid what do you think he is?
We know he is not a good old boy like us!
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

rubicon500kid

LMAO
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 06, 2006, 10:08:23 PM
Quote from: TurboBanshee_kid on January 06, 2006, 10:06:39 PM
Was he spanish or black?
Do you even have to ask?  :D
Quote from: TurboBanshee_kid on January 06, 2006, 10:21:04 PM
Hey lakemarykid what do you think he is?
We know he is not a good old boy like us!
true but u never know white ppl(white trash) steal too
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Yamaha72

HOLY sh*t THE MIAMI-DADE POLICE FOUND MY QUAD OFF OF 151ST STREET AND NW 5TH AVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY MADE AN AREST AND I GO PICK IT UP TOMMOROW AT THE INPOUND LOT
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

RAD 450r

lol

i think what DZ 350 meant was, that he knows of people that do that, not personally though. I think he has heard of them doing but doesnt really know them just seen them around. Idk
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

RAD 450r

#45
CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Yamaha72

NOW WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P 2:L 2:L 2:L 2:L :R :R :R :L :L :L
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

RAD 450r

AHHH THAT MUST BE ONE OF THE BEST FEALINGS IN THE WORLD :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif 2:L 2:L
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Yamaha72

yeah it is awesome they just called me at 10:15 and told me... What a relief.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Ida_Mann

holy crap,,,now THAT is good news.

that is absolutely awesome dude.

kudos for the cops on this one.

I still say it's time for a party at the guys house though.

Maybe we just all show up with all our quads on trailers and sit on the street,,,,then just STARE at him with big grins on our faces.

oooohh I'm gettin chills.

Maybe it's time to call up Mr. T AND Chuck Norris.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com