My son's first time at croom

Started by weekendwarrior1, January 04, 2006, 07:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekendwarrior1

I'm taking my wife and and my 5 year old son to croom this weekend and it will be their first time riding there. We're only going for the day and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good section to park ride out there that would be good for a 5 year old that is just starting out. I know about the kids track by the camp ground But I want to be able to ride with him(on separate bikes) without any big hills or blind trails. Any input would be helpful.

mikeE36

I use to park at the back part of croom after the bathroom and picnic area. If your driving in park on the right side and there are some nice trails there. Have fun.

atvtrailer

i see alot of parents riding with small kids back around the restrooms in the 2nd parking area, most of the hills there are small for the most part, or u can just go around them, and its fairly open so there arnt really any blind trails
05 450r #13B

Old_School

In the back after you take the 2nd left when it opens up there is a place to park on the left side.  There is a fenced area for inexperienced (young) riders.  With all the crazy dumbazzes riding around and not thinking I wouldn't let him go first down any trail. But once there you can start to ride into the trails and head north and it gets more woody and less traffic.

-Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Pastense

Hey Weekendwarrior be careful, I hear tell that there are alot of vagabonds from the panhandle down at Croom begging for parts for thier kids bikes......................................... :o ;) :)

Yeah, my mom always said I was a smart a$$

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

susieblazer

the OAK parking lot is near the restrooms..nice sand dunes and round-e-rounds .........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com