Anyone race at Thunderbowl Speedway in Ocala?

Started by HillKiller, January 06, 2006, 08:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

 Their website shows quad racing starts this Sat 1/07. Anyone know any details about the track etc?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

jaxdawg

no i don't know any details about it but could u post the website i would like to check it out

LostCause

The only thing that I know is you got to run slicks.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

HillKiller

  Here's the site

  http://www.thunderbowlspeedway.com/

  I went there tonight (Saturday) but with temps in the high 30's turnout was down. The track however is fast, I suspect somewhere around 70 mph and alot of fun powersliding through the entire corner like a Sprint. Tire rule applies, Hoosiers, American Racers, etc. are req'd. Race is every Sat but points are counted every other Saturday. Also there is no more racing at the Dade City oval Saturday nights. Anyone know of any other roundy round tracks is Fl?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Quad32x

I  was  going  to  come  out  but  like  you  said  it  was  COLD !!  What  type  of  gearing  do  you  need  compared  to  dade ? :-\
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

HillKiller

   I ran the same ratio as DC but went up to 5th gear and stayed there all the way around....it feels fast!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Quad32x

Me  and  GASGASMAN  are  going  to  try  to  be  at  the  next  one.  WARE  the  heck  is  Chris ? :tsktsk.gif :M
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Quad32x on January 08, 2006, 12:37:27 PM
Me  and  GASGASMAN  are  going  to  try  to  be  at  the  next  one.  WARE  the  heck  is  Chris ? :tsktsk.gif :M

im here..... i have a broken idle gear washer.. yamaha is taking forever to get it to me..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

HillKiller

#9
 Hey Quad32X,

     I checked the Thunderbowl website again. The next points night is Jan 21 but they told us they run quads every Sat.  Which weekend are you going and I will try to pass it on to the regular gang that ran DC?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

450R_Matt

I thaught the place was closed also. I know Cory has been their.
Anyone want to buy some FT stuff or trade me for some other 250r stuff? I know them Ware boys have some R's.   

5 A.R. Tires on wheels, sway bar with new PC, front lowering kit. 
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Quad32x

Quote from: FastLeftTurn on January 09, 2006, 01:46:52 PM
Hey Quad32X,

     I checked the Thunderbowl website again. The next points night is Jan 21 but they told us they run quads every Sat.  Which weekend are you going and I will try to pass it on to the regular gang that ran DC?
I  would  say  the  next  time  they  have  points.  Will  get  with  GASGAS  and  see  what  he  says. ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com